anyone promised a date from the dealer?

went to the dealer today. no car as expected. they still won't agree to mid november being the release date. still stick firmly that they will have the car this weekend. they tell me they are pretty firm it will be here friday..the whole time while i'm telling them i'm in no rush. even tho i'm being "nice" they still cannot be str8 with me. they still claim this weekend. who knows...maybe....but gut feeling is maybe not...to my mind i'm expecting this car mid nov. and now it's making me ask myself if i want it or not..i have 2 grand down cash plus 9+ after payoff for my car...i only owe 3400 on my car....might as well pay it off...cuz i am in chicago and do have snow to deal with...don't wanna buy a brand new car to have it's first thousand miles to deal with snow. i just may ask for my deposit back..pay off my si...and wait to see what comes out next year. who knows???

I've been secondguessing myself also. I don't want to take delivery in the winter months when the salt trucks are pelting the side of your car with golf ball sized pieces of salt. I been thinking that I'll probably have them hold my deposit and put it towards the 2003.5 tatanium gray MSP.:confused:

Mark

jroof: you're not trying to be but you acutally are a d*ck!!! and you're right, English is not my f*cking 1st language.

newf said:
Mazda really f'd up this car on 3 major ways.

1. Release date. Whether it's this month or Nov, it's too late as far as I'm concerned for anyone that lives where it snows. This car is going to be hurt by the late release date. Who wants to buy a brand new car, and put winter tires on it that same day.

2. Price. We in Canada have NO idea how much this thing is yet. MY dealer hasn't a clue. only thing indicating price are some press release saying it's somewhere between 27-28k. I find this ain't worth looking at because they said the mp3 was 23 grand. Although, mine was 25500

3. Color. WTF is up with only one color, and that one color being Orange? At least in Canada we won't get more then one color. And that's another thing, why does Canada only get one color again? You'd think that Orange would be harder to sell in Canada, and that there would be more "Young" fella's in the states wanting Orange more then us.

Ok ok, I'm having a bad day...sorry. I was kinda hoping to see something on the MSP today.....guess I'm taking it to hard :(

I Concur. I'm getting so pissed off with Mazda Canada's way of handling this, that I'll seriously reconsider my purchase. My deposit is with dealer for more than a month now, and I'll keep it there, at least until I see the car. But it better be real amazing in real life... If I wanted to be fu.... like this I could have stayed in Yu, and still drive Yugo.

And please don't tell me that lunching of product like this must be hard, I don't care. If they have boneheads in product planing/marketing/sales dept. whomever is responsible for this lunch, that is not my problem. I'm working in a company that's trying to pay attention to lunch of every new software feature and manage customer's expectations (we have release on average twice a month), let alone 40M US$ in revenue (or 8M$CAN for ca) that mazdaspeed will bring.

For 27K Canadian that I'd pay Mazdaspeed, I can get RSX Premium (from what I know about US market, it'd be similar to base model + Leather and some other stuff), and I can dicker around price. I'll lose some tire grip, and some volume, but I'll get car that is more rounded up (IMHO), no boy-racer image (which I actually hate) and predictable resale value. And I really like RSX cockpit :)

Wheew, that'is better, now that I vented off :)

I went to the dealership yesterday and the guy said "not within the next 10 days" i guess what they do is when they leave the place where their gettin hooked up they call the dealship and let them know thier on thier way. So the guy told me 11-12 days, but i bet it will be longer than that. God i want my car :wtf:

What if Mazda is paying attention to the amount of deposits that have been taken. What if they thought that there hasn't been enough deposits and they are waiting for more people to commit to these cars before they release them.

I am almost willing to bet the cars and done and just waiting at the docks to be loaded up on trucks and sent out. I am so tired of waiting. Frustration...!!!!!!!!!!!

Prophet, are you still going to wait on the Black Mica? I think you and I are almost the only ones who want the Black. I wouldn't get too excited yet though, from the sounds of it we're going to be waiting until the first of the year. Not only have I heard this from rumors on this board but I've had two dealers here in Mass confirm it. Just look at it his way, more of a chance to save a downpayment.

This is as much as i know

I went to my dealer yesterday for the "unveiling". well that wasnt the case becuase he told me that there are some shipping problems in California. Now for all the Mazdaspeeds they have to go to CT for Calloway to be turboed, which i believe. Then they can be shipped out. Orange Speed and i were concurring that if our info is correct, they should be here this week. In American dealers though. My dealer said he would be getting 8, and the sister dealership in Lake Villa will be getting 4. Now supposedly there have been three already sold in this area, and to whom i havent a clue. Most of the ones that they are getting are already spoken for. There is an MSP in the showroom but its all blanketed up. Orange Speed said that his dealer were getting three i think, and one of them are his. They told him Nov 14th. Thats all that i know, but i hope they come in the next few eeks or so cause i want to test drive! BOOOOST!

Re: This is as much as i know

Pro5OnSpeed said:
...Now for all the Mazdaspeeds they have to go to CT for Calloway to be turboed, which i believe. ...

Calloway advised me a while back that the installation is being done at the various North American points of entry, so most of them (if any) are NOT going to CT.

Called Mazda Canada who said that the only release date they have is October, so they have until the 31st. To be fair to them, "October" is what they printed in their "official" sales handout. Still frustrating though.:'(

On the press released price range, the CSR said that it was relatively accurate from her unofficial sources (which means that it's pretty official).

Last edited:
I may wait on a Black Mica. I don't know yet. I was told by my dealer that he thinks that the Black is going to come in first. If the orange is not a bad color and they can't give me a definate date on the Black then I will take the orange. Easier to keep clean anyhow.

And you are correct about the point of entry comment. The point of entry for the midwest is Michigan. My dealer told me that the speeds are being worked on in Northern(?) Mich.

-Jeremy-

I don't understand why the feel like they need to make all of the orange ones, and then ship them. if some are done, why not start shipping them out to the dealers that ordered them first. I guess other dealers would start bitching then

ok, thats it, im driving down to NJ this weekend, anyone wanna go with me? if I see any orange 4 door sedans sitting in the ports there, im going to liberate them!!! MUAHAHAHAHA

i'll drive to NJ with you! be there in half an hour! lol. (my pro5 would be pushing real hard since i live in Illinios!)

If it weren't for my wife, I would have walked by now. Fortunately my wife wants the car as bad as I do, so I have to wait.

-Jeremy-

Yeah thats how my mom is she could car less. Although my dad is cleaning out a spot in the garage for me (2thumbs). My dad also loves what he hears about the car.

Back