Anyone picked up the iPod/Mazda connector yet?

It is not completely free.
But we will refund your money excluding shipment ($8) once you post review with several pics. Just mention in notes that you're from this site so we know how to process the order.

jbors said:
It is not completely free.
But we will refund your money excluding shipment ($8) once you post review with several pics. Just mention in notes that you're from this site so we know how to process the order.

Interesting. A cheaper up front alternative to the OEM option.

How does it connect to the radio? In the tape/aux port like Auxmod? I lose sat radio port then? How long is the included cable?

So disc 1 and I can use both the iPod and stereo/steeringwheel to control. And with disc 2 I can use only the stereo/steeringwheel to control?

Do you have a guarantee that we will get refunded the funds after posting the required info? I might be interested in this.

Also, is it confirmed to work on the 5?

Last edited:
It connects via extension port on a radio. The cable to stereo is 1ft, iPod cable is 5ft.
It is confirmed to work on 3, 6, RX-8. Not sure if we had 5 models yet...
That's why beta testing is ;)

I see a unit on eBay that plugs in the MD/cassette adapter for $180 + shipping. Supposed to display text! given its connection, that's certainly possible.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I don't even own an iPod, maybe this is an excuse...

Edit: sent seller a couple of e-mails, they don't have a picture of the part in action. Any guinea pigs out there for this one?

Last edited:
jbors said:
It connects via extension port on a radio. The cable to stereo is 1ft, iPod cable is 5ft.
It is confirmed to work on 3, 6, RX-8. Not sure if we had 5 models yet...
That's why beta testing is ;)

What extension port exactly? Media/Aux port? OK, that answers half of my questions, but not the most important one. What or how do you guarantee a refund after we post our thoughts? What are the required posting material? Comments on it? A review? Walkthrough set up with pics, etc? I'd hate simply write a review and never to hear back from you. Just wondering how, short of it in writing, you can guarantee the refund in exchange for beta testing?

I think it would be fair to pay for shipping, but not charge the CC for the unit pending the review/post. The, if the person does as required, you take the hold off the CC. If they don't, in contrast, you can then place the charge on their CC.

Please visit our forum where people posted reviews and make sure we do refund for that work.
There you can also find the way people do it. We do not have any standard format for that.
http://indashpc.org/vbullettin/
PS: Make sure you registered to see Beta testing forum.

jbors said:
Just wanted to say that we're launching new iPod adapters for Mazdas and looking for some brave people to try it and give us feedbacks / pics.
We should get everything in stock by next Monday.
http://indashpc.org/new/ipod_adapters/grom-ipod-maz.html
Let me know if you have any questions...

K, so to clarify (because your front page states something similar but with lower refund amount)

I pay $75+$8 for shipping. I post here or your site? I post pics? Do you have requirements (are they the same as your mazda pc beta test page?)

What if I can't get it to work correctly? And how/where to I put the info about beta testing/refund- in the paypal comments box?

starlightmica said:
I see a unit on eBay that plugs in the MD/cassette adapter for $180 + shipping. Supposed to display text! given its connection, that's certainly possible.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I don't even own an iPod, maybe this is an excuse...

Edit: sent seller a couple of e-mails, they don't have a picture of the part in action. Any guinea pigs out there for this one?

I purchased this and installed it. It does not display text but the company that sold it to me is working to get this resolved. If this works it will be great because it uses the MD/Tape port (which for most of us is unused). I'll keep you posted.

Back