Anyone mount a wireless charger to the console tray?

In another vehicle.. I was able to glue a wireless charging pad to the underside of the console lid. It allowed me to drop my phone in the lid, and it would automatically charge. This is not so easy with the CX-5. Practically no space for storage.. Using the console is nice since you can plug into the 12v socket and make of it for a power source.

BUT I was thinking I could do the same thing to a cheapo tray that fits inside the console. My phone should just fit in the phone compartment. (I am prepared to make modifications to it if this does not fit that well. Its a $14 tray.. why not cut on it :) )

Here is the tray I am ordering https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Thoughts anyone?

In another vehicle.. I was able to glue a wireless charging pad to the underside of the console lid. It allowed me to drop my phone in the lid, and it would automatically charge. This is not so easy with the CX-5. Practically no space for storage.. Using the console is nice since you can plug into the 12v socket and make of it for a power source.

BUT I was thinking I could do the same thing to a cheapo tray that fits inside the console. My phone should just fit in the phone compartment. (I am prepared to make modifications to it if this does not fit that well. Its a $14 tray.. why not cut on it :) )

Thoughts anyone?
Get the Highflying brand for $14 on Amazon. It already fits over all the charge ports, and cig socket, etc. No cutting needed. Works great.

Thinking about this one through Amazon. Anyone used this https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) before?

I can tell you this. I bought a different kind (see pic).. I wasn't happy with how it didn't follow the curve of the console perfectly. It was a tiny bit higher on the left and right edges than the middle. Others stated it fit perfectly.. but I think they didn't truly look into it. Because it is slightly high-center, its a little unstable. If you push on one of the edges, you can get the other end to pop up. I ended up trying to make it fit better, and in the end, trashed the thing, and wasted $55..

Maybe the one you are linking to will fit better..

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-02-24 13-43-07.png
    Screenshot from 2023-02-24 13-43-07.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 126
I can tell you this. I bought a different kind (see pic).. I wasn't happy with how it didn't follow the curve of the console perfectly. It was a tiny bit higher on the left and right edges than the middle. Others stated it fit perfectly.. but I think they didn't truly look into it. Because it is slightly high-center, its a little unstable. If you push on one of the edges, you can get the other end to pop up. I ended up trying to make it fit better, and in the end, trashed the thing, and wasted $55..

Maybe the one you are linking to will fit better..
Thanks. Good to know. $ucks to waste $. I am hoping that this one fits.

Car Accessories they sell a cell phone charger I have been using for a year now and it fits perfectly and looks OEM and you don't plug it into the cigarette lighter to power it.

my car is a 2022 mazda cx5

Thoughts anyone?
here is an OEM fit one I have been using for 1 year now. they also have for older cx5 models as well if you search their website

Back