anyone know roughly how much carmax pays for our car?

stageup

2008 gt, 17k miles
if anyone has traded theres in? or got it appraised?
i'm in socal btw

nissan offered me 13.5
mitsu offered me 16.5

would they be in between that?

Carmax is garbage and a rip off!!! they tried to offer me $2500 for an 02 Acura RSX-S with 50k miles ....and the car is mint(argh) plus there cars are over priced and not as good as they claim them to be... pls save urself the hassle and waste of your time DONT GO THERE!!!(protest)

Mitsu gave you a pretty good offer. You can try to sell it privately but from what I've seen you'll get 20k probably. I'd try to get mitsu to go up to 17 and call it a day.

carmax is a good place under certain circumstances. it was a last resort for me when a potential buyer ended up backing down last minute. i lost about $3k on the sell when i took it to carmax, but i had grossly underpaid for the car in the first place so i ended up making a little cash back

They probably won't give you anything near what you're hoping for. When I was looking to trade in my 2004 evo with average miles for the year they offered me $8500 and said it was because most people don't like awd cars lol.

If you're in SoCal, I used to work at the Irvine Carmax and we bought an 07 TR MS3 with 19k miles for $11k, and it just sold a few days ago for $19k so you could do better at another dealership.

Back