Anyone install Bodyside Moldings on a CX-5?

jtl,
I absolutely agree that the purpose of the body molding is to prevent dings and such - and I would love to have them on my CX-5 too -- but let's agree to disagree on the styling aspect of it :)
Great job on execution though, looks perfect in position and how straight it is.

Just wanted to say thank you all so much for the instructions and pictures. As this is a "city" CX-5, it's going to need all the help it can get. I bought the same set from Dawn Enterprises and the installation was as easy as you all made it sound. It took me about an hour and I am extremely happy with the results.

20130803_125041_zps888f0e77.jpg

Just wanted to say thank you all so much for the instructions and pictures. As this is a "city" CX-5, it's going to need all the help it can get. I bought the same set from Dawn Enterprises and the installation was as easy as you all made it sound. It took me about an hour and I am extremely happy with the results.

Good job! - It Like the choice of model and colour :) - your trim looks nice and black, what do you use on it?

Thanks! The trim is in the shadow, so I think that's helping and it's only 6 months old. I just had it hand washed so they may have Armor-All'd it, but I think they just scrubbed it with a soapy sponge.

They look great. I always like Body side molding - have it on my current 2001 RAV4 and it's saved me from some serious damage a few times. Once my husband was driving, and he was driving the speed limit, and I thought going a bit too close, and then we came around the bend and whomp - traffic was at a standstill - he only had one place to go - between a car and the highway's right side guard-rail. We braced ourselves as the car plummeted into that tight space and came to a screeching, scratching stop. Oh God, I thought, there went the right side of my car - we didn't stop as the traffic then began moving, and I really didn't want to see my beloved car's side all bruised and banged, so I refused to look. About an hour or so later we finally took a break, and went to change drivers. When I got out and looked I was rather shocked. The body side molding, along the side, the tire-well, and part of the front bumper's side, were scratched up, that was it, that was all the damage. No dangs, dings, or dents to the steel at all - the body side molding took the brunt of the force. So, I really believe in getting these things, and I was glad that the Mazda had all that reinforced plastic molding up front - below the bumper, along the wheel wells, and along the sides.

And now that I know I can get this extra piece of body side molding, I certainly will - these things do save cars. I have proof of that!

its funny that you guys mention you want to add this, because alot of the Mazda5 guys will remove their side molding. (IMO without the molding, it gives it a cleaner look. i never like getting dings either, so i just park in the back.)

WITH MOLDING
4Dioc8N.jpg

WITHOUT.
ztKMJ7E.jpg

zL0knnD.jpg

XVc78r4.jpg

Hi,
I found out that mazda Canada have factory bodyside molding (with or without chrome insert) for 2014 CX-5. If some one has installed, please post a photo as I maybe interested.

Hi, I'm currently soon-to-buy a CX-5 here in Canada and thinking about getting those factory = installed but i'm really buggered of not having any pictures of what they may look. Even mazda canada doesn't have picture of them in their accessories brochure. I found that a bit ridiculous...

Hi, I'm currently soon-to-buy a CX-5 here in Canada and thinking about getting those factory = installed but i'm really buggered of not having any pictures of what they may look. Even mazda canada doesn't have picture of them in their accessories brochure. I found that a bit ridiculous...

Yeah it would be nice to see how they compare with the ones from dawn enterprises - those of us who have them seem pretty happy with them.

Back