Anyone in Toronto area still waiting?

Grimace

I still haven't got a call from Avante saying the MSP's have arrived. Is anyone else still waiting for their MSP in the Toronto-ish area, or am I the only one? (Maybe they forgot to call??)
Perhaps I should put down a deposit, although I was talking to a sales manager and I said it was a definate sale if they saved me one (and they had 4 unspoken for).

Grimace, I'm still wait'n as well. I've purchased mine from Guelph City Mazda... my salesperson said they have already received one and the second is "in route"... they claim to expect it any day now but we all know what the means. I'll let you know when it comes in. I find it remarkable that Fed Ex can track their packages in every city and provide up to the hour updates, estimated times of arrival, and document any problems or delays 24 /7 however Mazda dealers aren't really sure where any of their vehicles are currently located or ETA's.:wtf:

Grimace..

Sometimes when they say they'll call you...they won't.
If 4 guys walked in within the next couple of weeks and put an order down for them you're out of luck. But i doubt that will happen
if you truely think this is the car you want..put a deposit down for it. $$$ makes the biggest differences....Keep in mind the deposit is fully refundable. Nothing to lose......

no money no talk.:D

yep still waiting here to, since nov or oct?? to damn long to remember :rolleyes:

oh well I am fine with that, I hope that it does not come until april-may when the snow leaves, that way I dont have to pay storage ;)

Good advice L.E.
I'll perhaps call this weekend to see if I can arrange a deposit.
For those still waiting, is anyone getting their from Avante or their sister dealership? Have they told you anything?

I'm still waiting for my freakin MSP too at Avante. And I had had my deposit down awhile ago. They seriously don't know when the car is coming. I have an inside source at Avante and he says "they THINK!!!!!!! mid february."

Can you tell i'm frustrated about this wait? The longer I wait, the more doubts i'm getting about this car. Boooooooooo
but i'm still waiting :eek:

hey DMAC, what r u talkin bout dude

that second mazdaspeed is mine, i have a deposit down on it and im going to test drive it tomorrow. it came in on wednesday so it looks like your being lied to. did u put down a deposit on it as well? the first one was sold like 2 weeks ago and this one is MINE :cool:

If you check MPsport.net ... Digi168 posts updates about the situation at the Vancouver port where your Mazdaspeed Proteges are shipped from. That might give you a better idea of when to expect it.

MSpeed, I guess I don't know what I'm talk'n about, just going of what I've been told. Actually, I'd rather wait out the winter so the later the better for me... not too late though.

hey dmac, i just test drove mine today (monday) since i had to work all weekend and the weather was so bad before but i decided not to get it. i really like the car but i dont fancy the color after all and the car was pulling to the right like hell. makes u wonder what could be wrong on a brand new car right. so i just told him to move my deposit over to the titanium color one. hopefully those will be in middle of summer.

i checked tire pressure and they were all at 32psi. but either way this was some serious pull... the top of the wheel was at 2 o'clock rather than 12. this shouldve been taken care of while being pdi'd but since it wasnt fixed either the dealership is retarded or it was some other more serious prob

Holy crap, 2 o'clock? If you aren't exagerating, than that car needs more than an alignment. Maybe some dock workers had a bit too much fun with it and slid into a curb or something.
Since you got your deposit moved over to the titanium one, did the dealer tell you anything more about it that hasn't been discussed here?

MSpeed said:
hey dmac, i just test drove mine today (monday) since i had to work all weekend and the weather was so bad before but i decided not to get it. i really like the car but i dont fancy the color after all and the car was pulling to the right like hell. makes u wonder what could be wrong on a brand new car right. so i just told him to move my deposit over to the titanium color one. hopefully those will be in middle of summer.

yeah, wtf, mine is ALSO pulling to the right like hell! i am going back to the dealership and asking them to check the alignment

trust me in not exaggerating. it seemed to me like the right shock was outta whack or something but either way when i said i knew about the titanium one he said that theyll be coming after all of the current msp's are registered to new owners. expect them mid to late summer... which prolly means december again =(

Thanks for the info... that's bad news but I appreciate it. Nice of the fuc#'n dealer to lie to me... surprise surprise. I'm not sure if I'm going to end up with one of these cars after all. This sure is a tough decision with all of the clunking, pulling and leaking going on.

Back