Anyone get their CX-50 wireless phone charger to work?

biglou

I have a Turbo PP and cannot get the wireless charger to work with several different Iphones and cases. Was wondering if anybody has had some success with this.
Thanks

NFC = Near Field Communication. If this feature is enabled on your phone, it may be interfering with the wireless connection for the charger. You may have to look up "how to turn off NFC" for your device. It's usually in your pull-down menu on your phone, or buried in the Settings somewhere.

NFC = Near Field Communication. If this feature is enabled on your phone, it may be interfering with the wireless connection for the charger. You may have to look up "how to turn off NFC" for your device. It's usually in your pull-down menu on your phone, or buried in the Settings somewhere.
Hmmmm, I have read quite a few horror stories about the wireless charger not working. I wonder how many may have been due to an NFC issue? Our CX-50 does not have it and wouldn't work for me anyway as my phone is too large to sit in the cubby.

I cant find an nfc feature anywhere on my iphone 13. I did setting-General and there is nothing there to shutoff.

I cant find an nfc feature anywhere on my iphone 13. I did setting-General and there is nothing there to shutoff.

After a quick Google search:

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options

Every iPhone since 2014 has NFC.

Unfortunately that link is incorrect. I don’t have any of the NFC off options that it suggests on my iphone 13.

As far as i can tell that option is not available on iphones.

I was debating stopping at the dealership and asking the service dept if they had any ideas. I initially was going to get a lower trim and get the charger as an option. Boy I would have been pissed

It started working for me, I didn't change any setup. Just adjusted phone placement.
iPhone 13 Pro, The charger is NOT working if it touches the edge. I had to place a bit away from edge for it to work. Try to adjust and find out the better placement for your phone.

Just bought a CX-50. The wireless charger works for 20 seconds then stops/I remove the phone and place back onto the charger...it works for 20 seconds then stops....after 4 to 5 repititions of this it utimately stops for good...red light flashes and the screen indicates "Wireless charging is unavailable". I've tried with an iphone XR, SE and 13. Any suggestions?

Here's my theory, as to why it's not charging well. Please test it to prove if I'm right or wrong.

The charger works fine and quickly when I don't use Android Auto. But when Android Auto is on, with a couple of Apps playing (such as Waze and TuneIn), the phone battery doesn't really charge but does not discharge either. However, after a little while, the charger stops. If I lift the phone off the pad and put it back down, it will only charge for 30 seconds or so, then stops charging again. By then, the phone and the pad are really hot, so I think that the charging system stops because it overheats. It could be because the Apps are really drawing a lot of current from the battery.

The only thing that works for me when AA is running, is by plugging the phone with a USB cable but it takes much longer than normal to get the battery to 100%.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back