Anyone Else Notice A Difference?

elderlycoffee

:
2007 Sunlight Silver mazdaspeed 3
I had the motor mount recall done on my MS3 this morning.
Maybe it's psychological but I believe I am noticing a firmer quicker launch...

Yeah You know what...maybe it is all in my head but it feels alittle faster/stiffer now too...yes I mean my car!

motor mounts going in tomorrow along with the bushings and hopefully my test pipe by the end of the week...

It felt different when I picked mine up too. Subtle, but still felt firmer. Shifting seemed a bit easier too, although I missed 3rd again yesterday @#@#%!! Soooo need a sprung shifter for this car.

just got mine done like 1 hr ago and i noticed a difference -- i imagine the oil change helped out too

I had mine done about a week ago. I swear it feels slower, even after installing the Injen CAI. WTF! I have a dealer that is usually awesome, but maybe they changed something besides the mounting bolt and oil. Anyone else have this problem?(bang)

07 MS3 Cosmic Blue, Injen CAI, Sirrius factory kit, 0% tint

Shifting is 100% improved! I noticed less wheel hopp off of a hard launch too. I wish this was done from the factory. Then there would be less complaining about the car in magazine reviews.

I felt an improvement during shifting although I'm still waiting for a short shifter. ^_^

Had the recall done yesterday. To be honest the difference is night and day. Before I had the recall the shifting felt very sloppy. I got the shifting clunk all the time and the car never really felt as though it was taking corners very well. There was definitely a lot of unwanted movement going on under the hood.

After the recall not only does the car feel stiffer but the car shifts much smoother and direct. I haven't heard that 'clunk' from shifting gears since I got the car back. Power delivery feels much more linear and the car takes the corners much sharper. I can DEFINTELY feel the difference. And it's not just the psychological thing.

The dealer wouldn't replace my mount they said the recall only called for the bolt to be replaced. I still get shift clunk...

The dealer wouldn't replace my mount they said the recall only called for the bolt to be replaced. I still get shift clunk...

Go to a different dealer. My car seemed fine until AFTER I had the recall service done, then two weeks later, I started getting shift clunk. I took it back to the dealer and this time they replaced everything. So far so good.

Which dealer was it i'll stay away from them? jeff hass wont have the parts until next week so i am waiting on that.

Munday...
I need to try Jeff Haas they are the last dealer in the area I haven't looked at.
Joe Meyers is a bastard and Munday mazda is run by (no racism meant here) a Young hotshot black man who thinks he's got something to prove.

Munday...
I need to try Jeff Haas they are the last dealer in the area I haven't looked at.
Joe Meyers is a bastard and Munday mazda is run by (no racism meant here) a Young hotshot black man who thinks he's got something to prove.

lol.
Yeah, J Hass is ok, ive dealt with them over the last +6 yrs. they could be better but i would say there by the book and for what i,ve seen honest.

I see you wanted to compare your car with another, i'll be at home all day, working on my jeep this afternoon doing a favor for a guy on a jeep forum. Youre welcome to come round if you want.

I just had mine done today. Its absolutely not just in my head, the car feels much firmer. I dont feel the same bouncing of the engine that I used to when I would let off the gas or hit it hard. So I give a thumbs up(thumb)

Back