Anyone done this before?

Matthew1785 said:
nah, gonna spend the weekend with my dad for fathers day..

Yeah the meet is an all weekend meet but we are just going Saturday..

Matthew1785 said:
i consulted with ken, he says as long as i dont have any CEL's i should pass emissions.. they dont make you pop your hood do they?

I don't think so. They hook up to your computer from inside the vehicle check the exhaust and also gas tank. That is all they did with my car the last time.

sanblaster1 said:
I don't think so. They hook up to your computer from inside the vehicle check the exhaust and also gas tank. That is all they did with my car the last time.

oh you mean the OBD II reader?? so if it comes out no CEL's i pass?

sanblaster1 said:
Lets continue this in the mazdateam thread.
thanks

and the offer is anyone who has done this and or has the tools I purchase food and or drinks. I live in the north west subs by da mall. offer good till my tranny comes out.

iracemine said:
put some PB on it the other day and tryed to rip it off again today to no avail again. was kinda hoping someone around the chi town area would have 1/2 impact tools here would chime in but I think im stuck. if no one will help then I think I have to wait till the tranny comes out in the winter. (yupnope)

1/2" impact wrench and sockets here, but no extensions specifically for it. I'd be willing to trade use of said impact wrench for help removing a throttle body spacer/fixing my cruise control. Can't do anything this weekend, but I'm available next Saturday if you want to drive up to the McHenry area.

Impact wrench/compressor is mobile if your car is not.

sounds fair. intrested, but have a race on fri night through sat night and need two work second job on sunday..... so could we do it maby earlyer or following weekend?

Well, I think I might know someone who has, oh, a complete shop full of tools/torches/whateveryouneed.

your buddy or ken? cause I dont want this to cost me more than (3) 6" 1/2" extensions and a impact deep 17MM. Cause then I could do it at home and I would quit wining about it.

iracemine said:
sounds fair. intrested, but have a race on fri night through sat night and need two work second job on sunday..... so could we do it maby earlyer or following weekend?

I can do this if the other thing doesn't work out either. I do have a 17mm deep socket for the impact, all I'm missing is the 6" extension.

Back