Anyone done Dynamat?

jhillzoom

jhillzoom
:
protege 5
Have any of you used Dynamat in your cars? I have been looking at this for my car and think it could make a big difference in the road noise in our cars. Also I want a good exhaust but don't want to hear it in the car and figured this would be a great way to reduce it as well.

I would love to hear you thoughts on this guys!

im in the middle of doing my trunk now and the little bit i did it seems to be working but dyno mat gets heavy to lol but ya if you do it make sure you wipe what ever your putting it on off first real well or it wont stick and you got to cover as much as you can even on the rear pannels and youll see where you can do that after you take everything ouy of your trunk

Ya know….I didn’t think about the weight! (hand) I think I might just do the trunk, and doors, and not do the floor in front.

Are you doing it for audio reasons or to reduce exhaust/ road noise? Let me know if you notice a difference after you done.

Last edited:
well i did my doors cause i have all my door speakers amped but the trunk im doing for exhaust its just to loud with a header test pipe and cat back lol and i already here a difference

dynomat ftw. While improving sound quality and reducing road noise. Its hurting ur wallet initially and periodically. Its expensive abd us going to hurt ur gas mileage.

dynomat ftw. While improving sound quality and reducing road noise. Its hurting ur wallet initially and periodically. Its expensive abd us going to hurt ur gas mileage.

Yea, its not cheap...but how bad can it hurt your gas mileage? It can't weigh that much can it?

i get the trunk kit for $35 so that doesnt matter and gas mileage with all the dyno mat i have in my car for the last 6 months i have not seen my gas mileage move i still get 310 to a tank while getting on it most of the time and all the thinks i have done so i donno it hasnt hurt me yet in any way

Yea, its not cheap...but how bad can it hurt your gas mileage? It can't weigh that much can it?

it adds up but if you doo all your doors and your trunk your looking at like not even 100 lb give or take but it can add up just think every 100lb is about 5 10 hp. (currect me if im wrong) thats what i have hered

it should be my buddy got me the wrong one cause he is a dumb ass lol but he got me the door kit witch is about 14sqf and i almost finished my trunk i just have the hatch and the wheel well and the trunk kit has 20sqf in it so that should be enough

its about 40 dollars a sheet and will cover about a quarter of the trunk. Any extra weight in the car hurts gas mileage. But the stuff does work. It will improve overall sound quality. Personally I don't have any ratteling problems and my sub a/box already wieghs in near 100#'s.

its about 40 dollars a sheet and will cover about a quarter of the trunk. Any extra weight in the car hurts gas mileage. But the stuff does work. It will improve overall sound quality. Personally I don't have any ratteling problems and my sub a/box already wieghs in near 100#'s.

ya here is costs about $185 for the trunk kit but i get it for $45 cause my buddy works there and i no the owner of that place. but like i said i havent seen i diff in gas mileage but i donno

ya here is costs about $185 for the trunk kit but i get it for $45 cause my buddy works there and i no the owner of that place. but like i said i havent seen i diff in gas mileage but i donno

for that price I would do it. Especially if I had a buddy to help me put it in. The stuff is pretty hard to work with. Yea its just a sticker and most ppl don't pit it on properly cuz ur supposed to roll it on and get it as thin as possible. But another 100+ pounds would hurt. My car is already slow.

ya i didnt really care about the weight cause im going turbo so no matter what it wll be faster then it is now so i wont even no lol

I had no idea it wighed that much. Well im still doing the trunk at the least so I can get my exhaust.

Now if I can find a used OBX header I would be on my way. Is there a trade part of the forum? I have some Boston SS speakers I want to see if I can trade for a header.

Check my audio build thread. I am in the process of doing the entire car. So far I have the back doors, hatch lid, and hatch floor done.

Check out Raamaudio.com....

Best product for the best price...also, do actually make it quieter you will need to get a sound absorbing material as well...like the Ensolite foam they sell...

It's about 1/2 the price and better than Dynamat Extreme..

Check out Raamaudio.com....

Best product for the best price...also, do actually make it quieter you will need to get a sound absorbing material as well...like the Ensolite foam they sell...

It's about 1/2 the price and better than Dynamat Extreme..

Have you used the raamaudio stuff?

Back