Anyone autox or track their MS3?

gar777

:
2003 Protege ES (sold in 2007)
If so, could you give us a report? I've read all the car magazine reviews but I'd like to hear from a real-world use--someone who doesn't receive Mazda advertising dollars.

If you can, I'd especially appreciate comparisons to other cars, including Mazdas (Protege/MP3/MSP) as well as WRX, Evo, BMW 3-series, etc.

I am thinking about getting an MS3 but, before I do, I want to know more about how it performs at autox and track days. I have some reservations about a high-powered FWD car for this kind of driving but I sure like MS3 overall and the value is hard to beat.

great idea. Let this be a formal notice that I am willing to co-drive your MS3 at any autox or track event in the greater NYC area. for an autox, I'll pay your registration fee. For a track day, contact me and we'll work something out.

Hey Action, what road courses do you run at in ON? It's a bit far for me but one day I'd like to get up to one or more of the courses there, maybe Mosport or Shannonville. Which one is the best? closest to NYC?

In Ontario, we have Shannonville, Mosport Park, Dunville, the all new Calabogie and Toronto Motorsport's Park (formerly known as Cayuga and is not really in Toronto despite the name....).

None are close to NYC.

There is a track out in Quebec I've never been to that should be about 5 to 6 hours closer to you, but the Quebec roads will beat up any suspension to a pulp.

I've never done the full Mosport Track, only the Driver Development Training which I have to admit is a lot like Gingerman out in Michigan.
I've never done TMP or Calabogie either.
Shannonville is completely flat as is Dunville.

Personally I like Shannonville in the Pro-Track configuration, and I loved Gingerman.

I autoX my MSP last summer and I am waiting until the summer to start autoXing the MS3. The MSP was awesome, but I am not yet certain that the handling of the MS3 is comparable. Haven't really had the opportunity to test that suspicion yet, but just a feeling that I have.

R

There was a guy here in GA at autoX with his MS3, but it was his first time out, so nothing to compare.

Back