Anybody trade the stock market?

:
Indiana
:
2017 CX-5
I've been trading the past couple of months. Sometimes it rocks....other times it sucks. Right now.......sucking!

i traded a couple of months ago.....that's how i got my rims (cool)

davco said:
I've been trading the past couple of months. Sometimes it rocks....other times it sucks. Right now.......sucking!

you think the stock market sucks now? rofl.

you should have been there in april of 2000 (IIRC)
the stock market is doing fairly good now and is moving north. what have you invested in?

I put it about $11,000 into the mutual funds about 5-6 years ago. Now they are worth about $4k which is NOT the lowest they have been. stock market is not for sissies. you got to put that money in and ride it out. over time it has always gone up and the returns have been higher than if you put the money in the bank.

A company that sell fiber optics to South and Central America, they are called Ciena Telecomunications, they r doing pretty bad right now so i'm glad i pulled out when i did

be smart and invest in gold before the dollar gets dropped and the stock market tanks

Rism said:
be smart and invest in gold before the dollar gets dropped and the stock market tanks
Dollar gets dropped?? Its been going down for a while now.

the stock market is doing fairly good now and is moving north. what have you invested in?
Yeah, the market is going up right now. If only my stocks were going up! I have money in Apple and portalplayer. The IPOD is tearing it up but I got into this these plays late and everyone is taking profits. I have no profits to take so I'm going to wait it out.

Standard rule, only invents in stuff that you know something about or are willing to spend some time learning about. I made a nice 20% profit on HDTV and BRLC in the last two weeks and 40% off SIRI in a week when they announced that Stern's old boss from Viacom was going to be the new CEO. That one was luck, i managed to pick up the stock 3 hours before the announcement and it made a big jump over the next 3 days. Right now I've got some money in a biotech firm NUVO, promissing drug in their testing stages but it's a long term hold for another year or so until they actually get somehting to market.

If you want big profits it takes a decently high amount of risk and paying attention daily, and you have to be able to live without the money incase you guess wrong and lose it all. A lot of the short term profit are to be made from playing the news adn not the actual financials or technicals of the companies. For long term stocks i always go with a companies technicals, are the actually goingt o make something that is needed and will it sell and will someone else beat them to market or not.

Other fun is to play standard cycles, retail for Christmas season, automotive for spring and summer, home builders in summer to early fall. Many types of stocks have a standard cycle when they always go up and down and you can make a little profit from that cycle, not great but good.
(cool)

davco said:
Sometimes it rocks....other times it sucks.
Yes. That is why it is called a "market."

I'm just giving you a hard time. :) Best of luck. Oh! And start watching Bloomberg TV, you'll get hooked.

I want to get started. But where can I find some info on how to get started and stuff like that?

bloomberg and cnbc are good channels. even fox news and cnn have interesting business reports and stories.

go to msn money and read up. open an account with etrade or suretrade.

the easiest way to start in something is to go to google and type in the search term, in this case stocks, dow jones, nasdaq

If you're looking to keep it inexpensive, and aren't too worried about instant trades, try buyandhold.com or sharebuilder.com. It's chepa to buy/sell, but trades aren't instant, they are only during one of 3 trading windows per day.
Pretty cheap if you're just getting started though!

Good Luck. I found some funds paying monthly dividends in the 7-11% range that have been feeding me good $$ for a couple years now.

Good luck. :)

Back