Anybody have any black lugs?

ppself

:
Mazda 3 2006 (Titanium)
I had the lugs that came with my rims painted black for the cheapness. They look fine and all but now they are chipping. So instead of taking them off and repainting again over and over i was going to buy the already blackened kind.

i had some questions though before i spend the dough.

Do they chip as easily? Especially when taking the lugs off? Or scratch up easily?

What is the process they do to get them black?

So does brand names have a factor in quality?

Would it hurt me if i went either the cheapest lugs or the most expensive?

I have the black Mcgards Spline drives for 5 years now and they are still black. They are on the expensive side though. I have switched wheels pretty often when i had autoX tires and regular street tires and they are still fine.

I have the black Mcgards Spline drives for 5 years now and they are still black. They are on the expensive side though. I have switched wheels pretty often when i had autoX tires and regular street tires and they are still fine.

compared to project kics or rays lugs, they're inexpensive.

I have a set of black muteki nuts laying around but I have yet to install them so my opinion is useless here. I needed a small nut to fit my wheel's stud holes and they were cheap and good looking.

I have had black McGards for more than a year and they hold up well. Impact guns can damage them slightly but the color doesn't fade. I'm trying out some black Gorilla aluminum racing lug nuts.

I work for discount tire co. and we sell both the regular black gorilla spline lugs and also the aluminum.

Back