Any photographers in here?

not as sharp after compression, but i said i'd post a gun pic, so here it is
4402334627_46d789be0c_b.jpg

Hey sleeper, my local Lotus distributor had the exact Evora you had down there. I got some pics too.

Oh yeah, I got to drive it too ;)

So, I got a call from some random person tonight saying she was referred to me by a friend who said I am a good photographer and wants me to do a party. 11pm-3am (4 hours) not sure where, but it would just be a candids type deal. Then she asked about pricing and I froze. I have never been hired to do events like this. I shoot for fun. As soon as I told her that I felt like I shot myself in the foot.

Anyways, She asked for so of my work and I am going to put together a few pictures to email her.

What I need help with is coming up with a price. I obviously have never done an event like this before. I have gotten paid hourly, but that was with the university doing intramural sports. Techniquely that is professional work, just not quite the same situation because I was the only one that was willing to do it.

So what would a fair price be for the event based on my skill level (of which most in here have a good idea)??

Epic MUSE concert at TD Garden last night. One of the best performances I've seen in a long time.

Sorry, all I had was my phone. ;)

muse1.jpg

muse2.jpg

muse3.jpg

muse4.jpg

muse5.jpg

Yeah I heard that as well. I just wish they still played their old style of music. The 2 most recent albums haven't done it for me. Absolution and Origin of Symmetry were awesome.

That Evora is sick. How was the drive, Flyin?

So, I got a call from some random person tonight saying she was referred to me by a friend who said I am a good photographer and wants me to do a party. 11pm-3am (4 hours) not sure where, but it would just be a candids type deal. Then she asked about pricing and I froze. I have never been hired to do events like this. I shoot for fun. As soon as I told her that I felt like I shot myself in the foot.

Anyways, She asked for so of my work and I am going to put together a few pictures to email her.

What I need help with is coming up with a price. I obviously have never done an event like this before. I have gotten paid hourly, but that was with the university doing intramural sports. Techniquely that is professional work, just not quite the same situation because I was the only one that was willing to do it.

So what would a fair price be for the event based on my skill level (of which most in here have a good idea)??

What kind of event? If it's just a party, do it for like 50/hour. That's fair. And work in some free drinks and some food if they're serving any. I did club photos for about 50-60 /hour. It's a good way to make 150-200 a night. Maybe a bit more. Sometimes..I'll ask for 50/hour and have the organizers cover my bar tab.

I was at a fashion event yesterday for 12 hours!! Epic. Got to shoot some wicked models. Tried my hand at some diff. styles.

4415389529_bc14fbba1c_b.jpg

4416158120_6d1a37dde2_b.jpg

4415382567_6619b82a41_b.jpg

Very nice Funky, I like how she stands out from the background in the third photo with the back light

What kind of event? If it's just a party, do it for like 50/hour. That's fair. And work in some free drinks and some food if they're serving any. I did club photos for about 50-60 /hour. It's a good way to make 150-200 a night. Maybe a bit more. Sometimes..I'll ask for 50/hour and have the organizers cover my bar tab.

This is what I came up with:

Event Pricing
$25 per hours (minimum 2 hour fee)
$40 per hour over 6 hours
Basic:
$20 for CD set including all raw images taken at event.
$5 per extra CD with select Images
$15 per extra CD set with all event images

Extra Service:
$25 fee for logo addition to all photos (in appropriate positions)
$25 fee for limited post processing desired (cropping, boarders, quality adjustments and other light duty adjustments)
$50 fee for any heavy post processing desired (exposure adjustment, item removal, background change)

A little overexposed for my taste. You lose the side of her face in the background. On the other hand, I like how you desaturated it a little (or seemed to)

Back