Antoine @ Petit Le Mans / Road Atlanta...?

Antoine

Administrator
Here's the dilly...
I've got some time off towards the end of September which also happens to be when a very
JUICY PIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE/RACING HEAVEN is going DOWN! :D

September 23rd ~ 26th 2009

+

SWC-TC-Chrome-145w.gif

Website: http://www.world-challenge.com/events/index.php?base=83&story=2009%2012th%20Annual%20Petit%20Le%20Mans

Not only would I love to experience 3~4 days of AUTOMOTIVE BLISS...
I've been wanting to meet the Tri-Point Motorsports Team in person and seem them in action
for a long as I can remember!

DSC_1082-720_720x0.jpg
*Pic from http://www.world-challenge.com

DSC_1528-720_720x0.jpg
*Pic from http://www.world-challenge.com

UPDATE!

Sorry guys...Turns out I can't make it this year...:(

0. Username (Real Name) - Going/Maybe - Date

1. Antoine (Antoine) - Maybe - Sorry guys...Turns out I can't make it this year...:(
2. Shadow102 (korey) - going 23rd-26th
3. kcbhiw (Kevin) - Maybe the 25th, definitely the 26th.
4. amaff (Andrew / Maff / Muff...) - If Marlon can work his magic, 25th & 26th. If not, probably just the 26th.
5. wmbeaver (William) - going - maybe 25th, definitely 26th
6. SATimko (Stephen / Phen) 75% yes - Whenever Marlon's going. Haha
7. TheDirtyGoatee (Dale) - more than likely yes - Probably the 25th and 26th. If not, just the 26th.
8. sok07 (Daniel) - Sept 23-26; will get the infield parking pass, so look for a white slammed Mazdaspeed3.
9. Rogue (Luke) & RacerXGirl (JA) - maybe the day of the 25th (but definitely after work) and 26th...

Look for the blue vert rx7 your welcome to come chill out at the camp site shoot the s*** whatever...hope you can make it petit is so much fun.

Camp site! Awesome...Thanks for the invite...I've never been to Road Atlanta before...I've gotta checkout the layout online...How large is the camping area?

What sort of ticket are you getting?

I see they have several types...The super ticket looks good but the "Chalet Hospitality Adult" pass looks super sweet although it's quite pricey! (eek2)

Camp site! Awesome...Thanks for the invite...I've never been to Road Atlanta before...I've gotta checkout the layout online...How large is the camping area?

What sort of ticket are you getting?

I see they have several types...The super ticket looks good but the "Chalet Hospitality Adult" pass looks super sweet although it's quite pricey! (eek2)

Campsites are basically anywhere that's not a parking area, pit area or vendor alley is open game. We usually camp up by turn 5 area.

With petit le man you can get an infield parking pass but parking is in short order so be prepared for walking especially up and down steep hills.

Super pass is the way to go if your going to be there all week...chalet pass I have no idea about wanna do it one year though since you get access to chateau elan (not sure if your aware but road atlanta and chateau elan is all owned by don panoz, owner and creator of panoz cars, which I have seen on more than one occasion at petit)

Also not sure if marlon is gonna work on something this year but I know occasionally we get free tickets through mazdaspeed motorsports which the last time I went was delivered to me by john doonan himself (I believe he is head of mazdaspeed motorsports, its the guy they interview at any race in which they are talking about mazda)

Sweet!! I plan to be in attendance this year as the GRM Challenge isn't scheduled for the same date. It'd be great to meet you!

We're trying to get there this year...so hopefully we'll get to visit with you Antoine!

And, yay! Kevin - for once GRM isn't conflicting with PLM! :D

Definitely trying to scrap funds together to make it there :D

Campsites are basically anywhere that's not a parking area, pit area or vendor alley is open game. We usually camp up by turn 5 area.

With petit le man you can get an infield parking pass but parking is in short order so be prepared for walking especially up and down steep hills.

Super pass is the way to go if your going to be there all week...chalet pass I have no idea about wanna do it one year though since you get access to chateau elan (not sure if your aware but road atlanta and chateau elan is all owned by don panoz, owner and creator of panoz cars, which I have seen on more than one occasion at petit)

Also not sure if marlon is gonna work on something this year but I know occasionally we get free tickets through mazdaspeed motorsports which the last time I went was delivered to me by john doonan himself (I believe he is head of mazdaspeed motorsports, its the guy they interview at any race in which they are talking about mazda)

Awesome info...Thanks! (thumb)

I've never been to Georgia, Atlanta or Road Atlanta so this is all new info to me and much appreciated!

Sweet!! I plan to be in attendance this year as the GRM Challenge isn't scheduled for the same date. It'd be great to meet you!

Indeed...It would very cool to meet up! :D

We're trying to get there this year...so hopefully we'll get to visit with you Antoine!

And, yay! Kevin - for once GRM isn't conflicting with PLM! :D

Definitely trying to scrap funds together to make it there :D

Sweet! Do you guys know if you're going to be in attendance for sure?

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it this year, for Friday AND Saturday.

Good to know! :D

UPDATE!

Good news and well...Difficult news...The good news is I'm free that weekend now (Family Function issue has been sorted :) ) (woowoo)

The Difficult news...I recently realized that 7Stock is going down at Mazda NA HQ in Irvine the same weekend (Sept 26) as all the action at Road Atlanta and I've been wanting to attend 7Stock for ages!

The other kicker is I'm planning on visiting my Parents around the same time to take care of some stuff and Irvine is not that far away...Making it a lot easier to attend.

What is a Mazda Man to do...Two MAJOR MAZDA related events going down around the same time...This is rough!

Good news and well...Difficult news...The good news is I'm free that weekend now (Family Function issue has been sorted :) ) (woowoo)

The Difficult news...I recently realized that 7Stock is going down at Mazda NA HQ in Irvine the same weekend (Sept 26) as all the action at Road Atlanta and I've been wanting to attend 7Stock for ages!

The other kicker is I'm planning on visiting my Parents around the same time to take care of some stuff and Irvine is not that far away...Making it a lot easier to attend.

What is a Mazda Man to do...Two MAJOR MAZDA related events going down around the same time...This is rough!

Petit le mans all the way...I have been to the east coast rotary meeting a couple years back and even though its smaller than 7stock, petit is still 10x better than any car show could ever be.

Quite possibly in for this. I'm going to direct Marlon to this thread to see if there's anything going on, corral wise.

We are working with WC Vision and will have a corral, similar to Mid-Ohio. We'll have tech talks with the SCCA officials, Tri-Point and Horton AutoSports, Optima Batteries, Stop Tech Brakes, Swag from World Challenge ad more

Yeah, wil be having drawings for Pace rides and more, we'll be checking out Team Dyson as well.. stay tuned as I wil be hammering out details with Dave Drimmie

I will also try to get Parade laps, but ALMS controls that, if we get enough people, I am sure I can get MAzda to help foot the bill...stay tuned as we'll be ramping up after the Road America race....

Awesome marlon you definatly go above and beyond for the motorsports crowd.

Still talk with people about getting to meet john doonan and randy pobst a couple years ago.

Dave Drimmie, John Doonan and myself will be having a conference call in regards to this event,. looks like the Tri-Point boys are keeping Mazda ahead in the Manufacturers Championship, with a little help from Patrick Lindsey and the Horton Autosport Mazda 6!

We are going to make this happen, we'll have final details ASAP. We want to make this a huge event, so keep getting the word out there, we'll have informational flyers, etc posted soon, once we have the final details worked out.

Let's get a list going...

* I've got a copy in my original post that will be updated...:D

0. Username (Real Name) - Going/Maybe - Date

1. Antoine (Antoine) - Maybe - Sept 23rd ~ 26th

Perro del Sol What you're working on sounds awesome...A great chance to meet fellow Mazda enthusiasts, network and talk shop...(cool)

Question for you guys...Besides those who are camping out...Anyone staying in a hotel? Any recommendations? I'm still sorting out my schedule (might have to take an extra day off to come back to Japan...Damn you time zones! (argh) )

I'd like to stay in a decent hotel nearby with net access etc...So far I've been looking at...

Chateau Elan Status: Online reservations system says no rooms are available? Sent e-mail just in case available rooms surface...So far no response.

Legacy Lodge & Conference Center Status: Online reservations system says no rooms are available? Sent e-mail just in case available rooms surface...So far no response.

Holiday Inn GAINESVILLE-LANIER CENTRE Status: Seems rooms are available and the Inn is somewhat nearby...Hmmm...:)

Country Inn & Suites Braselton Status: Seems rooms are available

Best Western Braselton Inn Status: Seems rooms are available and the Inn is somewhat nearby...Hmmm...:)

Hotel? Sissy come camping...hell we even managed to get ja to come camping every year, we call it high end camping lol

4. amaff (Andrew / Maff / Muff...) - If Marlon can work his magic, 25th & 26th. If not, probably just the 26th.

Back