Another autocross weekend.

You won the PAX on the adjusted time right? In other words, after subtracting 1 sec for street tires. We don't do that, so doing it our way you would have been second or third or PAX. If you are happy with your system that is what counts. I just explained what we do and how we do it. Our region's results reflects more closely the results from a PRO SOLO or SCCA National Tour.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying your system is. But wouldn't it be easier if on the site thay had, in one view, everyone ranked overall? If 50 cars show up, no matter what class or skill level, wouldn't it be nice to look at a chart and see how you did without having to look through the other tables and find who had the best time and compare to that?
Guess I just like things simple. :) I'm not much of the thinker type. I just like to push the pedals and turn the wheels. Then someone tells me to go faster if I need it. :)

Duh! I just got it. You're talking about the web page display itself not the math. I am sorry I missed that point before but yes that would be easier.

I copy it down to a text file and then put it into a spreadsheet for just that reason. Then I can play with the results and show how much I haven't improved.

Now that I finally got your point, I need to talke off for our autocross. It should be a beautiful day low 80's and clear.

I'll let you know this afternoon/evening how it went. Of course it is a corvette driver's course.

Well I am a little late. It was a V8 course, accelerate, brake sharp turn, repeat as necessary to break the stop lights. They haven't posted the results yet but I drove poorly. We did have a couple past national champions and a couple of other national trophy winners. They were great to watch i action. I won the street tire class but did not do that well overall. When they get the results, I'll post more in the new motorsports forum.

Happy days

I will do the same once I have my results for the day. I didn't do horribly, but at the same time I feel I could have done a LOT better once I have a bit more skill. One good thing is that they are having an autoX school here in Winnipeg in two weeks so this Sunday will be the last time I run with no autoX knowledge at all. :D

The course I ran was a pretty quick course tho so I don't feel too badly at how I did....I think I'd be more competitive in a tighter more technical course. The winner on the day was an S2000....the guy was about 45 - 50 years old and just throwing his car around the course....it was really something to see. The funny thing is that he had his wife at the event and she ran it too...and he must have told her to be super careful cause she went through that course like a Sunday driver....funny cuz the S2000 posted the fastest and slowest times of the day. :)

Blue,
Make sure when you do the school that you ride with someone that is fast and/or have the instructors ride with you as much as possible. It's incredible what you can learn from experienced people.
I still say riding with someone fast is the way to go if you want to learn. And also try to make sure they are in a front wheel drive car about the same size as yours. I rode in an integra GSR and a CRX. The drivers, brothers, were both class champs from the year before, and they were awesome. I learned a lot from them in those 2 runs.
Also try to get ride alongs on race days if they will let you. Then they're in their prime, and you get a good feel of what you need to do on the course.
Most of all, have fun and make friends! I talk to a lot of the guys I race with. They are all really cool. I even talk to some guys in a j-car club (Saturns and cavaliers). They have done some nice suspension and under-the-hood mods and have some quick cars. One of their friends races an s-10 in h-stock and places at every event!. They're really fun.

Back