amp fuse keep burning

wat kind of fuse? mine kept blowin because my amp was running way more power than wat the fuse was made for so it kept blowing it... that n plus my weak stock mp3 amp wire.

lawose42 said:
does anyone know what could burn my amp fuse (not the 12V)??

is there a short anywhere in your wiring? go over all of your power wires and make sure nothing is pinched in a seat or frayed or anything.

I have my amp/sub for about 3-4 years now and it never happenned before, Ichecked all my wires and nothing seems to be pinched...

which fuse is blowing? is it the one in the fuse box next to your left leg when you drive? or is the the fuse on the power cable going to the amp? the only time my power cable fuse blew was when i had a short or something weird happened. the 5amp fuse in the fuse box blew when my 12v lead from the head unit to the amp got shorted out on somehting (that one took awhile to figure out)

amp

the fuse that blows is the one IN the amp, a 25A normal fuse, my fuse connected straight to the battery is still in shape

oooh s***, hmmm you hit any really hard bumps or anything lately? might be something in the amp broke (scratch) this is beyond my limited knowledge

The fuse on an amp only blows if the current across the speaker wires goes to high. Typicly this is caused by one of there problems. In the order of most common:

1. speaker wires are shorting out outside or inside of the box, possibly at the terminal cup.
2. The sub is toolow of a resistance for the amp to handle orthe sub is blown and is basicly shorted out across its own voice coil.
3. The amp is shorted out internaly.

The fuse on an amp has NOTHING to do with the power or ground wires. Only the speaker wires.

when my amp kept blowing the fuses, i think it was because i didnt tighten my connections of my wires onto the amp (they were loose).

Back