2001 Mazda 626 engine 10a fuse blows once ignition key is turned on…Help

Can anyone give me advice onto why my fuse burns blows everytime I turn my ignition key to on? It's the fuse box inside car under driver's side labeled engine for a 10a fuse.

You obviously have a short somewhere. Find it and fix it.
I checked all my wires and seem to have no shorts from my understanding. See I put my terminals on backwards at first and that blew my main 100 fuse and I change that now its steady blowing my engine 10@ fuse

Upvote 0
I checked all my wires and seem to have no shorts from my understanding. See I put my terminals on backwards at first and that blew my main 100 fuse and I change that now its steady blowing my engine 10@ fuse
No, you haven't properly checked every wire, because you would have already found the problem if you did.

Most likely some wire insulation melted when the battery was connected the wrong way. You need to get a wiring diagram specifically for your vehicle, and find out which circuits are protected by the fuse that's blowing. Once you have that information you then need to do continuity and short-to-ground testing on every wire in each of those protected circuits. And once you have identified all of the problem wires, you will need to check every inch of all of them. And once you have repaired all of those wires, if you're REALLY lucky, that will be the only problem coming out of the mistake you made. You could be pulling paneling and parts off, and wiring bundles apart for days or even weeks, but the only other choice is sending it to the boneyard.

Upvote 0
Can you refer me to any place where they have a pdf free wiring diagram for 2001 Mazda 626, I know for sure now it's my fuel pump that's not turning on because today I went ahead and bypassed the fuse box to my engine 10a fuse and it fired right up

Upvote 0
All Data but it's not free. You can get affordable access for just one specific car though instead of buying the whole package

Upvote 0
Back