Aluminum Running boards question?

NYCX9GT

:
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
I really like the look of these on the X5 with the rubber integration. Do they make them for the CX9 and how do you think it would look?

The bottom edges of CX9's doors are very very low.
The step bars (nerf bars, running boards, etc) simply do not look good on CX9. Besides, most would argue that our CX9s are low enough. No need for such accessories except for styling. And, styling is very subjective...

Attachments

• step_bar_installed.jpg
    step_bar_installed.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 897
Yeah not asking about the old school boards...These are the running boards I like. They are on the acura mdx, benz ml350 and bmw x5 and they look great. You really dont lose any ground clearance with them.

runnigboard.jpg

Yeah not asking about the old school boards...These are the running boards I like. They are on the acura mdx, benz ml350 and bmw x5 and they look great. You really dont lose any ground clearance with them.

runnigboard.jpg

Saw that before.
Doubt that it will happen to CX9.
I don't mind being wrong, though.

Last edited:
The bottom edges of CX9's doors are very very low.
The step bars (nerf bars, running boards, etc) simply do not look good on CX9. Besides, most would argue that our CX9s are low enough. No need for such accessories except for styling. And, styling is very subjective...

I saw a 9 w/ the "side step tubes" and they don't look good. Just looked out of place.

Side steps on a CX-9 are solely an image enhancement (if you consider side steps an "enhancement") otherwise they are useless pieces of aluminum stuck to the sides of the vehicle (any vehicle). Waste of money imho.

Hi a friend is giving me his toyota fj cruiser oem running board for free. He goes to the desert alot and doesn't need them. It's 60" long where as cx9 accommodates a 70" running board. I plan on leaving 5" on iether sides. Do u think it's worth it. As am getting an oem running boars for free in want to install it.

Hi a friend is giving me his toyota fj cruiser oem running board for free. He goes to the desert alot and doesn't need them. It's 60" long where as cx9 accommodates a 70" running board. I plan on leaving 5" on iether sides. Do u think it's worth it. As am getting an oem running boars for free in want to install it.

If they're free, why not? ;) Never know unless you try. You'll have to come up with your own mounting solution though, as the FJ side boards won't have anything near connecting hardware for the CX-9. That's gonna be the most difficult part, as you may have to have a fabricator build something for you.

Back