Aluminium Intercooler Pipe Kit - DIY FMIC inside

i have been sending many pm's and he only answered one saying that the company that ships them sent my couplers back and i have been sending pm's to ken asking when is he going to ship them and he has not answered. i know he is crazy busy with all he has going on but i have been waiting a LONG time for my couplers and i have a very sexy fmic without my couplers and its talking to me during the night begging for it to be installed but i can't cuz i dont has my couplers

Since installing my FMIC I am getting knock at wot, I had Ken send me a new pipe with the flange welded on cause the first one was warped bad. I am running Cobb stage 2+ MSCAI map.

I really am frustrated with this hole situation, I have looked around for boost leaks or something but I am all out of ideas.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Since installing my FMIC I am getting knock at wot, I had Ken send me a new pipe with the flange welded on cause the first one was warped bad. I am running Cobb stage 2+ MSCAI map.

I really am frustrated with this hole situation, I have looked around for boost leaks or something but I am all out of ideas.

No.

Edit: Are you using the map specific for FMIC?

1st off...utah is my favorite state in the united states. that being said...i dont get knock at WOT. mine is running perfect but the only problem im having right now is the a/f takes some time to normalize when i idle. it will go from whatever it is at light throttle all the way down to 12.8 sometimes before it slowly creeps back up to 14.8 over about 5-10 seconds.

Yes I am running the map for a FMIC, I would love a custom tune but right now it wouldn't be worth it cause the weather is changing so drastically.

I feel like taking it off and putting it back on again just to make sure everything is right.

I pretty sure mine still is running really rich for the mods it has...with the front mount on at WOT i'm at 11.0-11.5 afr...stock tune

I got a ton of knock when I went to an ET TMIC running just that and a CAI. I bought step colder plugs, and it went away.

Are you getting a boost leak with the FMIC? I missed that post. What does it go to before it drops? The reason being, I have a mystery leak. Sold TMIC, swapped BOV to a Forge. Spikes to 16 or so, drops quick to 14, then slowly bleeds down when doing 6th gear pulls. I am using an electronic boost gauge, and even replaced all the vacuum lines. Don't want to jack the thread, but I am wondering if the problem is elsewhere other than the FMIC.

since the weather has gotten colder i have been getting TONS of knock Retard at WOT. 3-5. I don't WOT anymore. i think it is mainly due to the colder weather...if you are in Utah then i would suspect it has gotten quite cold lately? if so than that might be your problem.

i think the way to go is to have two tunes, <55 degrees outside and >55 degrees outside.

just my .02

well seeming how CO just got like 2 feet of snow id say the weather front is pushing into utah so yea....the weather is probably pretty cold

Yea its getting super cold in Utah, it was snowing a few days ago but nothing like what Colorado got.

I need to do a boost leak test to rule that out so far I have just checked all my clamps which are always tight, I am running 1 step colder plugs that have been recently changed.

I am going to take my time and redo my kit which might fix the problem.

Yea its getting super cold in Utah, it was snowing a few days ago but nothing like what Colorado got.

I need to do a boost leak test to rule that out so far I have just checked all my clamps which are always tight, I am running 1 step colder plugs that have been recently changed.

I am going to take my time and redo my kit which might fix the problem.

im not having many problems but am going to redo the kit as well to center it perfect and make sure my bumpers isnt stressed against the kit which right now its a super tight fit.

He said he would look into it..last week. Hasn't replied my follow up PM's yet. I'm not bashing. He may be busy so i'm giving him benefit of the doubt.
I don't have time at work or convinience to make long distance calls. Everything has to be charged. You gotta understand there is a time zone difference.
Hope they come in soon as its getting super cold here.

Back