alright - here goes. KL-P5-take2

Just curious, but did you go with a sprung 6 puck clutch?

I would hope so, daily driving an unsprung would be a b****. It can be done but i wouldn't want to do it

Yeah... it can be done for sure (I'm doing it with my Miata right now). I was going to advise against it... transmissions hate it.

I went with the 6puck SPRUNG clutch.

I did some reading on the sprung vs unsprung....and the trans in the PGT/MX6 are made of glass already. May as well not shock them any more than necessary.

And Rico - last you and I spoke you weren't going to do the P5 thing anymore - it appears things have started looking up for you, eh bro?

i saw whatcha did there in the old sporting grounds in the video of space center blvd. used to be one of my shakedown routes back a few.......likin it

yessir! I live right behind NASA and yeah....the cops love that road.....but it sure is fun to make short pulls on.

And the street off of it where the light is that goes over the bayou behind UH and has the curves........car looks badass BTW. Are you sure you couldn't just spring for an AC ride for the family with all the coin that sounds like has been going into the P5? Chemical castration would certainly be a motivator for me to get a 2nd vehicle to keep them happy, lol. Would remove the despisal of the hot rod too. car, nuts, car, nuts, car, nuts??????????..........not really a choice, get them a car & keep the nuts, lol. Hope it works out.

Ok, now for a real question ......what is the possibility of getting a radiator with the top hose connection on passenger side so you don't have the super long spliced hose? Maybe a custom one with a different top tank on it where the connection is over there? Maybe even angled where it could take the 90s in the hose out?

Last edited:
I've seen folks use the stock PGT/MX6 radiator - but the fact of the matter was that I had a hole in my old one and replaced it before really thinking about it too much. Honestly I should've stuck with the PGT/MX6 stocker because of hosing and cooling capacity ofcourse, but this works just fine for now. It's ugly....It's unorthodox.....it's obviously "Made to Work" by me...... but it does in fact work and quite well at that (2-row radiator has it running quite a bit cooler than it's supposed to with the OEM stocker).

And I've tried counting up what I've put into it (rebuild, swap, mtx swap, turbo, wheels, suspension, entertainment, etc) and I bet I don't have over 3k into my car.

I've gotten badass deals on almost everything except the engine.

I was thinkin more out of the way, it isn't ugly and I believe function trumps form when it comes down to it. More pwr to ya on the deals too, just sounded like a big pile of what coulda funded the wife her own ride was going towards the toy reading thru the last several pages to take pressure off playing around with your build and her not having AC and whatnot. Gotta keep the wife happy...............

This was going to be my radiator solution. So it would bolt right in (Protege rad) but has the proper sizes for the KL's inlet/outlet. I sold my P5 but my friends is finishing it.

my wife got her car, btw. We remedied that - and that's the only reason I am continuing with the toy.

Evan - that's just about what we did with rubber hoses, but hardpiped, right?

Yep, exactly that. And these tubes are the proper diameter to match the KL so no reducers were needed. I'm beginning to miss that money pit already... haha

I'll always have mine, just incase you wanted to get one that's already done.....then sink even more money into it...lol.

I could use a good RWD fix anyways....wanna buy me a 6k RWD car and I'll give you this? :)

There is a local cat selling his MS6 with a blown motor for $3k and I've got a brand new MZR DISI in my garage I'll sell you for $4K. ;)

Nah.....I'll pass.

I have actually listed mine on Craigslist to do some fishin and got a few nibbles. Seems the market is still receptive to the lil wagon that could (..and did!).

I went with the 6puck SPRUNG clutch.

I did some reading on the sprung vs unsprung....and the trans in the PGT/MX6 are made of glass already. May as well not shock them any more than necessary.

And Rico - last you and I spoke you weren't going to do the P5 thing anymore - it appears things have started looking up for you, eh bro?
Wasent but its back on my hands now for like the 4th time must be a sign that its suppose to stay lol

still v6 swap?

We'll have to talk soon man. Call me.

I'm going to have to make a trip to SA soon - got some folks over that way I haven't seen in quite awhile.

still v6 swap?

We'll have to talk soon man. Call me.

I'm going to have to make a trip to SA soon - got some folks over that way I haven't seen in quite awhile.

Really considering that over turbo fs-de turbo v6 sounds better down the road just like you lol and bring the p5!!! Lol I lost all my numbers -.-

what a night!

went to meet a few friends at a local meet tonight. Nothing major, just a sit and talk really. Got loaded in the car, made it about halfway and I noticed I had absolutely NO oil pressure! tapped the gauge to make sure it was reading right.....0 on the gauge. Hmmm.... so I exit the freeway, come over a overpass, decel.....decel.... and it starts bucking horribly. wtf???? clutch to make a 5-4 gear change and as soon as I push the clutch pedal and engage the clutch - it dies. Like....lock up type force - dies. Pop the clutch - it starts again ... but it's rattling and knocking something fierce.

shut it down and make my way to the parking lot - call a tow truck. It's done on this build. If I cannot revive it for cheap......I'm done.

I'm sure if I cannot rebuild it for a good price.....I can't. I realize that this could happen - but never thought it really would considering the amount of work I put into it.

Next on the list of s*** to handle, depending on the amount of internals that are f'd... I'm gonna try some milly S rods, ross pistons, and now get the Megasquirt all hooked up. If it doesn't seem to happen or seem possible - I'm not sure what I'm going to do really.....

Back