Almost had my 2014...

Wow. 3% tax would be great, in FL I paid 6.3% and $142 for tag and transfer, OTD for $30864 for a white pearl GT w/Tech all weather mats, cargo tray and wheel locks. Still $491 in back of invoice so I was ok with the deal.

Pretty mad. What's even worse is I bought my Mazdaspeed6 from them back in '07. Same dealer - apparently earning return business is not important to them. Honestly, I should have walked when they refused to come off MSRP. They told me if I wanted money off I'd have to go with a '13. I told them I KNOW that people are getting them for invoice+TT&L, and sometimes much better than that...they basically called me a liar. I eventually got them down ALMOST to where I was hoping to get, but the finance deal was the deal breaker. Such BS. My wife was really just angry that they wasted our Saturday afternoon.

Now you know why they call them "stealerships"!

This Duncan Mazda in Blacksburg.

I think you bought my car! :) I stopped in there on Saturday to test-drive the sky-blue 2014 GT they showed on their inventory. While it was still in on the parking lot, I was told it had already been sold and was waiting to be picked up. :(

Hopefully I can get at least an equivalent deal when they get some more in stock.

I think you bought my car! :) I stopped in there on Saturday to test-drive the sky-blue 2014 GT they showed on their inventory. While it was still in on the parking lot, I was told it had already been sold and was waiting to be picked up. :(

Hopefully I can get at least an equivalent deal when they get some more in stock.
Yup, that was my car. You must have come early in the morning since I left the dealer shortly after 11am.

I would consider that an incredible deal. Tax is usually around $1200 to $1500 or more. Then *all* fees plus title. The CX-5 price would have to be a few hundred below invoice to end up with this total.

TT&L is only $1050, but I still think it's a good deal. They called me today and were able to get us the rate we need, plus a few extras to sweeten the deal. Looks like I'm going to get it tonight after all. Will post pics!

Last edited:
"Say invoice is $25,500 and you get them to agree on $25,000. That sounds like an amazing deal on a brand new model.
The problem is if you are giving them a trade in as $12,000 of that deal but you could sell the same car yourself and get $15,000 or take it to carmax and get $13,200 then there is a sliding scale of value there. Meaning it is more like you just paid a minimum of $26,200 for the new car.

Unfortunately, on here we can only guess what the trade in was worth as we can't see condition or know what a competing source would have actually offered for it so it does make it not quite as meaningful."

That was kind of my point, all the talk about "I got mine for X" over or under MSRP or invoice, really doesn't tell anyone anything much, because of the ease of making it up on the value they put on your trade in. (I got an offer from Carmax first, thats one way to level the playing field a bit: you do know what you can sell it for in the "middle ground" between the ease (but cost) of trading it in, versus the PITA factor of selling it yourself for, one hopes, more. But how good or bad a deal someone got unless its a clean deal, no trade, no financing, doesn't really tell anyone much, esp with the narrow gap between MSRP and invoice on these cars.

2014 GT w/tech and roof rack

Discounted Price: $29,704 (this is after their "generous" offer of discounting the desert protection package $150 because I don't want their tint)
Govt Fee's: $484.84 - Vehicle license tax.
Doc Fee: $399
Data Dots: $268
Taxes: $2,613.95

Final Out The Door Cost: $33,469.79

Oh my goodness, this is awful!!! I hate that your dealer saw fit to sock you with doc fees on top of MSRP! You know they don't have to charge anything for that. And that Desert Package is awful too. Nitrogen filled tires doesn't cost them hardly anything. The paint protection / wax job may have cost them $10 in materials.

This is why I'm considering ordering one, and forbidding my dealer from installing any dealer options.

You know if you're happy with the car and your deal, that's all that really much matters. Some folks delight in rassling around on the show room floor with the salesperson to save the final quarter, others want to just get a reasonable price and get out of there. (I always reach a point of "Give me my keys, giv me my car, get out of my way!" myself. If I've not already cut the deal..which obviously can't be done if you're trading something in...I go in knowing where my own "buy" point is, and I don't care what the salesperson says his car is worth, or what valu they put on mine, I'm just looking at the difference and know "At $X difference, I'm at my buy point." Doesn't mean I'm not going to see if I can sweeten the deal even more, but I do know the number I need, and it's as simple as "Just give me a dollar difference between your car and mine.

It seems to be the same for everyone, this kind of thing happened to me too. Unless you have a quote from another bank, walking in empty handed will always get you screwed on a loan rate.

Want to see something magical? Go back with a quote from your bank, watch them immediately match the rate. Use your bank anyway, screw those guys. Then give the dealer a bad review for making you go the extra mile for no reason. Mazda NA does not like to see things like that so someone will get their ass chewed.

Years ago I got a quote on a new vehicle but their financing rate was too high. I went to a credit union and got a lower rate, came back pre-approved and told them that I wanted to sign off on the deal but with my own financing. That guy got really angry at me (they were getting kickbacks from their loan company) and at first refused to honor the deal. I started walking out the door and he yelled at me that he would take. I almost walked on the deal because of how rude they were, but I got my car at the price I wanted and the loan rate I wanted, so I signed.

It seems to be the same for everyone, this kind of thing happened to me too. Unless you have a quote from another bank, walking in empty handed will always get you screwed on a loan rate.

Want to see something magical? Go back with a quote from your bank, watch them immediately match the rate. Use your bank anyway, screw those guys. Then give the dealer a bad review for making you go the extra mile for no reason. Mazda NA does not like to see things like that so someone will get their ass chewed.
I posted a negative review on dealerater.com & the sales guy emails me to remove it.
Serves him right to take 3 days to respond & still no quote. I bought our '14 CX-5 from the dealer that had the color I wanted. Even ask the other dealer near me for a dealer trade. The guy took days to respond. Sales person who responds quickly & has the best price gets my business. Other dealers just play games to tire you out or loose out to other dealers.
Biggers was the best rated dealer in IL & I'm glad I bought from them.

Back