All 3 Prosport guages stopped reading????

I have the 3 guage pod on the dash i got the pod and the 3 guages in the kit from protagegarage. they worked fine until oneday my oil press guage quit reading then about a week later the boost and air/fuel quit working at the same time. I thought it was a loos conection so i went in and rechecked and resoldered all the wires and checked and tryed to bypass the signal wire but i cant find the problem. how can all three guages go bad on me like that has anyone else heard about this problem.

Maybe all the wires were run together and were too close to the turbo and melted...Just a guess

you pay for what you get

sounds waaay too familiar...only that I had 2 gauges instead of 3, nevertheless they BOTH crapped out barely a year later. I called prosport to complain (since allegedly they have 1yr warranty) and they try to BS me that my name/order is not in their system...(eekfu)

Maybe bad ground?

doubt it, mine were soldered and wrapped nicely...boost gauge is either sitting at -30vac or dead 0, and voltmeter is hoppin around like a damn narrowband afr (screwy) ...sadly i've read about a lot of cases of prosport being as cheap as their price tag. Go with defi - or cheaper alternative autometer...at least you know what you're paying for. Heck, even VDO is a hell of a lot more reliable from previous experience (just toss in a red bulb, it kinda matches our interior lighting)

Last edited:
Hmm, really. I just got EGT and boost gauge from Prosports. My friend told me lots of Subie guys run them and are happy with it.

as others have said prosports are just garbage. I had 3 in my old MR2 and they all crapped out on me one after another. Go with defi or omori. autometer are okay, but far from good. I have never heard of someone having prosport for year+ and will being happy with it, if it is even still working.

Back