Alex's Mz2 Build Thread!

CRG Racer24

:
'11 Mazda2 GX-Convenience Pkg.. Warranty Voiding Mods
Hey everyone! So I'm finally deciding to make a build thread. A lot of people have approached me, virtually, about stuff I've done to my car. While I have no problem responding to anyone who asks questions, now everything I do will be in one place. Plus now, I can document everything I've done, and plan on doing to my car.

Here is a current mod list on my car (taken from my MOTM entry):

Performance Mods:
- CorkSport SRI
- Custom Intake Duct (Stock Cut)
- Custom "CRG" Intake Heatshield
- Custom 2.25" Stainless Steel Exhaust, Header Back, No cats, 2 Resonators
- KSport Kontrol Coils, Set up to my low likings.
- CorkSport Rear Torsion Bar
- AWR 95a Lower DogBone mount

Exterior Mods:
- VHT NightShade Red-Out Tails
- Home Depot Special Front Lip
- 15x7 +36 ASA 5 Spokes, Painted Black
- 205/50/15 Falken Azenis RT-615's, Painted sidewall lettering
- Dealer Installed GS/Touring pkg. Rear spoiler, and Fog's
- Sylvania Fog lights
- Relocated plate to mesh
- CF look, shorty Antenna
- Ebay Window Rain Visors

Interior Mods:
- Wink 980 mm Rear View Mirror
- Red LED dome light
- Shifter extension, an Array of different knobs for my mood at the time
- Rear Seat Delete
- Upgraded Alum. Pedals from Dealer

Stereo Mods:
- Stock, with Sub not hooked up in the back. For that little bit more bump until it gets installed

Plans for 2013, as long as funding works out:

- ***Shorter, Swift 560 lbs/in 6" front, 5" 450 lbs/in coilover springs - rear.
- ***15x10 +25 949 Racing 6UL's :O
- ***195/50/15 R-Comps. Thinking Toyo R888's :D
- Header ;)
- CS Short Shift plate
- CS Front sway bar
- Possibly may sell my CS Torsion bar with the stiffness of the rear spring setup
- ***Sparco R333 Steering wheel, and hub
- Re-paint my tail lights.. I rushed them the first time
- Corbeau FX-1 Pro driver seat
- Re-Carpet the whole rear end/cover up all exposed metal in the trunk area
- Hawk HP-Plus brake pads, stainless steel lines.. already have new rotors.
- Install Sub and amp
- Other custom and personal Interior mods
- ***Replace axle that I'm pretty sure is going
- ***Raise engine around an inch

*** = Important, and must do for this year.

Now, at the end of the day, I'm modding and driving the car for me. Honestly, I'm addicted to driving ridiculously low. It's just so ridiculous, it's awesome. I love seeing sparks fly when I've bottomed out at night :p. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Call me a hardparker, call me an idiot.. doesn't matter to me.. hell you may be right, but I drive the s*** out of my car, when needed, and have racing experience to back it up :). Anyway, this thread will most likely be a slow one, I don't have a massive amount of funds right now, but I'm sick, I'm bored, had a bad B-Day so I figured this will cheer me up a little.. wheewww for being 20!

Pics of how the car ended up looking in 2012:

IMG_6706 (Edit) by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

IMG_6658 (Edit) by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

Slammed Mazda 2 (Edit) by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

IMG_6738 (Edit) by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

IMG_6741 by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

IMG_6746 by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

And a pic of the work/chill place. Right now, it's in Winter mode/Chill spot. I've re-done the garage a bit since this pic, it's cleaner, and insulated :).

IMG_6749 by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

There it is everyone. Happy January!

Last edited:
Wow! I freaking love that agresive stance.
Looks pretty good with the black wheels and white lettering on the sidewalls ;)

You pass the shoe test LOL!
icon14.gif

Great to see this - can't wait to see what you do next!

Thanks! Neither can I ;)

Wow! I freaking love that agresive stance.
Looks pretty good with the black wheels and white lettering on the sidewalls ;)

You pass the shoe test LOL!
icon14.gif

Thank you! I think my next "shoes" will be even more fantastic

Just been thinking, and I got even more to add to my list.. but you guys will have to keep a look out to see what happens ;)

Btw, if anyone knows, what's the length of the rear KSport Coilover springs? I'm fairly certain it's not as short as 5.5", but if anyone can chime in, that would be most appreciated. Mine are cut anyway, so it's not an acurate judgement

Last edited:
bad birthday? Y u no call me. Happy belated dude, hope 2013 brings you nothing but the best.

Can't wait to see the rest of this. Unfortunately I won't be modding the 2 much, plans are to possibly auto-x it, but definitely also get the FC on the road.

Nice to see you with your own build thread. Awesome as ush. It was about time. You know I can get you some of those future items right? Expect an PM. :)

I'm pretty sure you're going to need more than 195's to fit the C3M's. Even 225's are stretched a little on those. Putting on black C3M's and 225 RS3's was the last thing I wanted to do before I got rid of my miata...but I never did get around to it. I'd love to see that on a 2....overkill or not. Might be a tricky fit though.

At the height I'm at, 205's on a 15x7 banged up my fender nice, so 225's won't work at all. This car's main focus is not track car, it's gonna be my fun DD. Now, in the future, I may hit up the track, but I'd rather wait until I build a track car to hit up the track. 195/45's are gonna be the tire size I run.

If someone wants to fit a 15x9 C3M with 225's, go ahead! But for now, I won't be doing it. I appreciate your input though

For reference, this is the type of stretch I'll be running:

9_195_45_15_595.jpg

Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but again, this is not a track car, but I will be driving it like it should be driven. Plus, I need that stretch to fit the rims under the fenders without my fender's getting destroyed lol

bad birthday? Y u no call me. Happy belated dude, hope 2013 brings you nothing but the best.

Can't wait to see the rest of this. Unfortunately I won't be modding the 2 much, plans are to possibly auto-x it, but definitely also get the FC on the road.

I no have number :(. Seriously though, shoot me a PM with it! And thanks man, same goes to you :)

I can't wait to see the rest either hehe ;). Get that bish on the road!

Nice to see you with your own build thread. Awesome as ush. It was about time. You know I can get you some of those future items right? Expect an PM. :)

Nice garage too! Only thing missing is your actually Mazda 2 in it! :)

Yeah finally eh? Figured I may as well give back to the community as much as I can. Saw your PM.. I'll be responding right after this.

And thanks! This Build thread will be for my garage and my car :D. Gonna take a pic of it today to show some progress

Last edited:
Which btw, if anyone wants to do it, buy soft/foamy Garage weather stripping, line it up along the bottom edge of the bumper, cut to fit, use double sided tape and screws, and bam she's in there. That's how I did it.

I'm loving thins thread man. I still want to do that heat shield like you've got. I'm about +4C over ambient right now for my intake charge, so I'd like to see if it makes a difference!

Also, those Nardi wheels are pure sex, but i feel like they'd look out of place on our cars!

Also, I'm thinking of doing soem of the mods you've got on the list... can we keep in touch over this? I'm esp curious to see how you pull off the Corbeau seat as I'm thinking of doing a corbeau seat, but i'm still really worried about what it will do to the airbag system...

I'd do a build thread for mine, but i've already done most of my big mods, and i feel like t wouldn't be so exciting ;-)

And I still wanna work on my heatshield that I have right now! Haha. I should try to measure my temps some time soon.. well, when it's warmer out.

Well then, I guess you'll just have to wait and see for the result ;)

Yeah sure, that's no problem. Thing is, I'm gonna be running an aftermarket steering wheel anyway, so the driver's airbag will be out of the equation, along with the driver seat airbag(s). If I can find a way to keep the passenger side airbag's active, I'll try it out. All my other cars have had either no airbags, or airbags disabled due to stuff like aftermarket steering wheels and such.

Hey man, do you. If you wanna make one, or not, just do you :)

For the stretch..:

sticker,375x360.png

Last edited:
Hey I'm not knocking it... I'm actually very curious to see how it looks.. Seriously.. those are sex on a stick (or steering column as the case may be)... Which series were you looking at doing?

And to think.. i was worried about my 195/45s on 7" rims... ;-)

Hey I'm not knocking it... I'm actually very curious to see how it looks.. Seriously.. those are sex on a stick (or steering column as the case may be)... Which series were you looking at doing?

And to think.. i was worried about my 195/45s on 7" rims... ;-)

DEEP%20CORN%20330%20mm%20550.jpg

I think for tires, I'm going 195/50/15 R-Comps :$. Same rims though

Car looks great as always. Looking forward to future updates. Also, thanks for the quick how to on the lip.

No worries. Not sure if it was you, or someone else who asked before (PM got buried and I forgot.. sorry), but there it is now!

Last edited:
Man... I'm just imagining that wheel on a british racing green MG and i got a little wet. Those are beautiful. I hate to ask how much :)

Back