Airflow Logistics AFC GB $285..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I mounted mine in the glove box so that,I will have easy access to the unit.That grommet is a b**** to cut for the Vac.line. I just drilled some nice size holes and ran the wire's/line threw the back of the glove box looks very clean.So far everything is running great on the 10psi map. now I just need to get some cash to dyno tune this thing and I will be set.

John hit me up sometime I want to talk to you about something else.....(thought)

Last edited:
mspeed#267 said:
Yeah I mounted mine in the glove box so that,I will have easy access to the unit.So far everything is running great on the 10psi map. now I just need to get some cash to dyno tune this thing and I will be set.

John hit me up sometime I want to talk to you about something else.....;)

still waiting on mine but, how does the car run is it smoother, can you def feel a difference?

Thanks

Hookedup240 said:
still waiting on mine but, how does the car run is it smoother, can you def feel a difference?

Thanks
Yes the car is running much better! It's not as jerkie as it was before between shift's.And the car feels alot smoother threw-out the power band then before.And the butt-dyno said it has more power then before also.

I'm sure everyone will love the unit! Just take your time with the install and do everything right.

David.

Last edited:
Just got this thing installed, i was going ot sell the unit but after driving it, its much smoother and decided 300 dollars is worth it.

2 things i noticed about the install,
1. the intake manifold pressure hose was a b**** to get pass the firewall.
2. I don't knwo if this is just for my car but before u disconnect the battery, u have to arm the alarm. If u don't, then you have to hold the override switch evertyhing you want to start your car. I may just be my car tho but just a tip

noclue119 said:
Just got this thing installed, i was going ot sell the unit but after driving it, its much smoother and decided 300 dollars is worth it.

2 things i noticed about the install,
1. the intake manifold pressure hose was a b**** to get pass the firewall.
2. I don't knwo if this is just for my car but before u disconnect the battery, u have to arm the alarm. If u don't, then you have to hold the override switch evertyhing you want to start your car. I may just be my car tho but just a tip

one time i left my lights on and my battery got very low and i couldnt start the car cuz of some alarm thing. i think we are probably talking about the same thing. i cant wait to order my unit.

ok guys I just sent a pm to Antoine, so hopefully somebody will take care of the posting problem. If I dont hear back by tomorrow I'll start the 2nd GB in this thread with a note in the engine and perf. sections about it. For those of you getting your units if you have any questions or problems dont hesitate to get ahold of me. I do my best to make sure I get back to everyone within 24hrs. Though I do ask that you first email me @ john@airflowlogistics.com and then call me 2nd at 813-679-7753. Oh as an added feature we will soon have our website back up online with a forum dedicated to AFC tuning and maps...We will have approved maps to download, tips and tricks for tuning and FAQs.

I got a kwetchin'

Currently I have a ported intake manifold and an SRI as my only power adding mods.
I orderd one of these in the first group buy and will hopefully be picking it up today.

I ordered it set with stock boost map, cause that's what I'm currently at, but I have also recently ordered GHL downpipe which will be arriving soon. Will the addition of this affect my afr's enough that I will need a new map? Am I going to be in danger of running lean after adding my downpipe and using the stock map?
I don't have a wideband yet, but I plan to get one in the future so I can fine tune for my specific car. Should I hold off until then before installing this or what? It's gonna take me a while before I can scrounge up another $400 for that WB.

nope we have a "rich cushion" just for that reason...If you would like I can richen up the stock map a tad more and send it to you... and no these will be available for individual sale after the next GB. The only reason we did GBs was to keep the cost down for everyone....2nd GB price will be $295, after that they will more than likely be $310...

got mine installed today, it wasn't too hard, just took a little time to get all the wires together.

Only got a chance to take it out for like a 5 min test drive, and it was raining so i didn't get to check it out too much.

But with the little bit that i pushed it, the car felt like it was def pulling harder and much smoother. My friend who was in the car even said it felt like it was pulling harder.

I'll add more insight tomorrow after i drive it in the dry.

BTW-I am running the 10 psi map.

DSM this is a great unit!!

also i am going to the dyno next week sometime, i can't wait to see what i put down with my mods.

hookedup, make sure to send me a copy of the dyno chart and I can more than likely tune you a custom map for your mods....oh also forgot to mention we found a way to "overlay" all 3 map settings into one map, so all of you have "the super" map programmed on your units which will allow you to run all 3 boost settings without problems....another note...I strongly strongly suggest you talk/email me before using the software, it is kinda tricky when you first use it and you can do a lot of damage to the maps if you arent careful(not that I couldnt just send you a new one). As soon as I get the time I'm going to do a writeup for tips and tricks for using/tuning the software...

GB #2 STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok since I never got a response back from any of the mods I'm starting the 2nd gb in this thread. There are 10 spots available. Price is $295 plus shipping. Payment is via paypal and due by next Monday. Wait time is about 2wks. This will be the final GB after this it will be another 2wks for us to get more instock and they will be $310, so get them while they're cheap! The list is below so just copy and paste your name into the first available spot.

1. ^Tyrant^ - I called him and he told me to put him down

DSMConvert said:
hookedup, make sure to send me a copy of the dyno chart and I can more than likely tune you a custom map for your mods....oh also forgot to mention we found a way to "overlay" all 3 map settings into one map, so all of you have "the super" map programmed on your units which will allow you to run all 3 boost settings without problems....another note...I strongly strongly suggest you talk/email me before using the software, it is kinda tricky when you first use it and you can do a lot of damage to the maps if you arent careful(not that I couldnt just send you a new one). As soon as I get the time I'm going to do a writeup for tips and tricks for using/tuning the software...
I was wondering about that working with different boost settings since I saw it had a map sensor. How does that work exactly? It is able to sort of interpolate between maps depending on boost, or just to flip between maps or what?

Also just curious where are people mounting their units? Pics?

I'll be installing mine maybe tomorrow or the day after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back