Airbag light blinking on dash...

Shyatic

Getting the code (in blinks) of 1-2 (one short blink, then two short blinks).

Anybody know what this means? The seatbelt sign is illuminated and goes off when I drive (and nobody is in the passenger seat), so I would love to hear something. I checked the wiring under the seat if anything is loose.

It might be related, but the dealership told me that the battery wasn't cranking enough amps, so not sure if that would affect the light or not.

Thanks!

I was gonna say...first thing I would check is the wiring under both the driver and passenger seat.
OPDS (Occupant presence detection system) wires & plugs wreak havoc on the ole' airbag light.
Battery shouldn't matter. When my oem battery went flat, I never had any airbag light issues.
Best thing for you to do (assuming you own a smartphone or a tablet) is buy a $3.00 ebay china made obdii interface.
Scan it with your smart phone or tablet, there are many free apps such as Torque, or Torque Pro for another 2.00.
Or go to Autozone/Advance/Etc and have them scan, and it will likely tell you exactly which code is being thrown. It should tell you exactly
where the problem is, such as airbag l frt sensor, right side opds inflator/module, etc etc and then you can start digging in that area.

The problem is it's not an OBD II code, it's an airbag code that I get from the 'blinks' -- I've read about them on other cars in terms of what they mean, but I don't know what they mean on the CX-9. I would need an advanced OBDII cod reader that can read airbag codes if I want something more specific, and Autozone doesn't use those.

Back