air intake system suggestions please

id go used.. theyre very simple... i had the injen on my pro 5.. worked fine. but, i sold it for $120?? so keep looking someone will have one to dump..

The one I got off of ebay was only 30 bucks (plus about 20 more for parts I paid for that were supposed to be included).

But for 50 bucks, I think its a good deal, as it doesn't perform that much less (if any at all) from a 150 or 200 dollar intake. You should get it

Just checked your link - that's the same picture I was seeing on Ebay when I ordered mine. The one they sent to me was far from what the picture looked like, and took me some brain storming to put in.. but anyways, it fit.

It's a different company that is selling it to you, so they might send it the way it looks in the pic.

Its possible to get water in the pipes, but pretty much the entire filter would need to be submerged in water for that to happen. It is possible, but very unlikely. Are you goin to be driving thru a lake?

Its possible to get water in the pipes, but pretty much the entire filter would need to be submerged in water for that to happen. It is possible, but very unlikely. Are you goin to be driving thru a lake?

hahaha is this hate because im a leafs fan :) maybe i'll take a drive through lake ontario for the fun of it

Question. Why do you need a new intake? Looks? I have heard that short rams and CAI's make you lose low end power. I stuck a K&N drop in filter in my car and now I'm getting 32 mpg according to VehiCal!

Question. Why do you need a new intake? Looks? I have heard that short rams and CAI's make you lose low end power. I stuck a K&N drop in filter in my car and now I'm getting 32 mpg according to VehiCal!

more sound then looks, crossing my fingers for the 5 hp gain :)

yeah i think i rather spend the extra cash, i live in toronto and a few people told me i can easily drive through snow and get water in my pipes with a long intake, and they told me to get the k/n short ram....or something like this

http://www.tunersdepot.com/Air-Inta...1-03-Mazda-Protege-5-2-0L-M-frasl-T-4132.html

what do you guys think?

That's exactly what I have. I like it. I could certainly feel better throttle response after I installed it. Maybe not a lot of hp, but I also like the way intakes look and sound. Though it seems like everyone is going back to OEM air intake boxes. I don't think the AEM in your link, and what i have, is long enough to pull any water into the motor. The filter sits next to the chassis and is far enough from the ground. I've had mine on for 2 years now without any trouble and it's my daily driver, so it sees snow, rain and everything in between. However, I did have an AEM cold air intake on my last Civic and it DID pull water into the motor. Thankfully, it didn't do much damage and I just replaced the sparkplugs and sucked the water out of the motor and she fired up and ran like a champ. But if you're still worried about hydrolock, just buy an AEM bypass filter for $40 to ease your mind.

^^^ +1

It seems everyone is going back to the stock airbox for some reason? Follow the leader much? And K&N drop it filters are still $50.

Back