Air box/ECU brackets

Mazda233

:
Mazda 2 Sport
Brackets to secure ECU after removing bottom of air box. Long bracket on driver side is reinforced with carbon fiber. 6061 T6 and AN hardware.

Attachments

• Mazda fab 2.JPG
    Mazda fab 2.JPG
    408.8 KB · Views: 318
  • Mazda fab 3.JPG
    Mazda fab 3.JPG
    613.2 KB · Views: 547
  • Mazda fabrication.JPG
    Mazda fabrication.JPG
    580.3 KB · Views: 523
Nicely done.

Since you are good with metal why don't you just make a housing for the ecu in order to remove completely tha airbox?

Nicely done.

Since you are good with metal why don't you just make a housing for the ecu in order to remove completely tha airbox?

Workin' on it. Don't hold your breath through, I suck at working with metal.

I have the design for ECU relocation worked out and the materials to build it. unfortunately it will have to wait, I have two major engine bulids under way and a bunch of parts to put on the 3. When I do get time though I will post photos of the process and finished product. I am allmost finished with pedal mods to make heel toe shifting easier, should have some photos next weekend. Pedals are 4130 and carbon fiber.

Any chance it would be cost effective to make a second set of those pedals?

I will post photos of any parts that I fabricate and anyone is free to use them for ideas, but with liability issues and the fact that my employer pays me more per hr than I could make hacking out parts I can only provide photos. In reality the money part is only a minor factor, liability and lack of control of who is installing the parts is the big issue. Sad that this is so as I would like to help other enthuusiasts, also the pedals won't be for pretty, only function.

Back