Aftermarket seats w/ Wide Shoulder bolsters?

Tito1

It seems like all sftermarket seats are made for those with really narrow shoulders. I'm not a big guy but my shoulders are always hanging way outside of the bolsters. A lot of times the bolters dig into my shoulder blade.

I've been in an s2000 and rsx recently and I fit right in.

Is there an aftermarket seat that is known to be wider in the shoulders???

Thanks in advance

Tito

I'll check those out. I like the recaro's. I need to find a shop with a million seats to jump into. That would be coooool.

I'll try and bring this thread back to life. I've sat in torino's now, and they definately do not fit my body. Can anyone else attest to the width of recaros'??

Thanks

Corbeau makes a seat called "A4". They have a wide version. Dont know the actual fit but Ive seen that they have a wide version. If you like them I think corksport.com sells them.

John

how wide can one go before the sides hit the pillar by the door -- some seats look like they're really close as it is ???

I don't know the exact measurement needed to fit. I do know that stock RSX seats will fit in, and they are pretty wide. I would have gotten these already but I'm a bit afraid it won't match very well.

Yeah...I've seen those pics...I'm just being a pussy I guess. I think they match really well, I think it's just the idea of RSX seats in a Mazda that is freaking me out. But why not.

I've even found some FS, but all sellers have backed out on me...oh well.

ya -- i know what you mean

but they do seem to match ok (black) -- the only hard part is get them to fit -- the brackets are a little different - but it can be done --

good luck if you decide to do it :)
Billy

HKMP5 said:
brackets cost alot

I figure I can pull some rails from any '99-03' protege in a junk yard, and just have my welder buddy make the modification for me. Shouldn't be too bad. And compared to purchasing new sparco's of recaro's it should be a bargain.

Back