Aftermarket headunits with iPod interface

ARunto

Contributor
:
'03 Black Mica #226
Anyone have any recommendations on what's the best aftermarket headunit that offers a iPod interface. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Alan

I have the Alpine 9835 and controller... it is sweet. My only complaint is the scroll is slow. Apparently the new 9855 has a solution to this, but I haven't been able to mess with it yet.

Rumor has it the Pioneer one sucks the big one.

What do you want to know about the Alpine one? I can answer your questions and make movies even, haha.

Kenwood thoretically has one, but it's very hard to come by, dealers who've ordered hundreds are fighting to get a single...

Does the Alpine controller allow you to use unlimited # of playlist? Any other flaws other than the scrolling?

I think it has a limit that it will only display like 255 items... that hasn't been a problem for me yet though. Whether searching through artists or albums, I can see 'em all.

The best thing to do is to make playlists of what you want to listen to. That way you can quickly access those and only have to search through 20 items, not a couple hundred.

I know the Pioneer have ithe iPod interface.
I don't know how it compares to Alpine though in that regard.
I have always been happy with my Pioneer decks in the past and will be getting one to replace the stock kenwood.

Back