AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

cause im trying it now and some how i cant connect? does the car have to be running? when i try to connect to the ECU it says "the selected comport is could not be opened "

Only connect with the key in the 'key on engine off' position. Try all 8 com ports, one of them will work. I had some issues setting up my AFC at first but eventually I figured it out.

OK! So has anyone successfully used Windows 8 and this program? The program actually loads and operates as it should, but all the cables I use wont connect. The drivers dont work for them on windows 8 for some reason? I just bought a new laptop, and all they offer now is this windows 8 garbage, not sure what I should do, I need it for tuning the car...

I suggest a cheap laptop off of ebay/craigslist... or wipe it and load win7 on it... ooorrr, have you contacted Split Second? Do they have any plans to support Win8 with their programming software?

R4 software was probably made for windows 95 and I don't think it has changed. It works fine on my windows8 computer.

Yea I couldn't get the r4 software to work on win8 so I just returned the laptop. Instead I bought a convertor so I can plug my old laptop into the cig lighter port. Works for now. Gonna do some tuning soon, just got my new setup on

If you guys have ANY issues with software, installation instructions, etc ... contact Split Second directly. They emailed and called me within an hour of me contacting them to get me the install instructions.

Looks like SS took down the link. I suppose $45 is a lot but if anyone local has the software i'm sure they could share.

I'm trying to find the wiring instructions for this SSAFC. This sticky is to long. Anyone know the exact page or can put up the link for me.

Hey guys, can't see an N/A related post, so here I'll try.

What settings should I use in the SSAFC in order for me to tune for N/A? I figure I can't turn with the boost settings since I'm not getting any psi. Cant I switch from Pressure to RPM? Also Tune by voltage rather than vacuum/pressure? Those Over RPM and fuel pump settings should stay the same? Got this laying around and want to try before maybe selling it. Had one of this babies on my 05 Lancer Ralliart and it gave me nice little gains on it. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated

You can tune an NA car with the SSAFC the same way you would tune an MSP. What would would want to change is your Over Pressure and possibly your Output B settings. Set your Over Pressure to 0 or lower. This will force the car into open loop at wide open throttle and let you tune your car.

You can also set your Output B to Pressure or RPM and pick the RPM that your want the car to transition into open loop.

Remember, you will need a scan tool to tune closed loop and a wideband O2 gauge to tune open loop.

GL!

I've got a quick question. I have a PSC1-001 in my garage and wondered if it is possible to use it on my MSP. From looking at the PSC1-020 wiring schematic I see it looks at different feeds but before I drop 4 bills on the 020 I thought I would ask you guys if there is a work around. Thanks

In theory you could us the -001 for open loop tuning. If you picked up a MAP based 02 clamp (such as Flying Miata's clamp); you could set the 02 clamp for a certain pressure (0.5psi would be good) then used the psc1 to tune open loop from 0.5psi up. This is what split second psc1-020 does.

Quick question, Is there any reason why my AFR hits and holds 10.0 AFR under WOT and heavy load acceleration?
No matter how I tune always get that

What is your long term fuel trim LTFT @ WOT? Is your overpressure set to 0?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back