Aem F/ic

I've been following the thread for a while but haven't really been seeing any for sure answers. Just wondering a couple simple things, does it work without the MSP ECU and in your opinion is it a good product. I'm not planning on getting 400WHP just want to be able to get a good tune on it so it will be more efficient.

This product seems like the best for the price and support you're getting. Installation and wiring doesn't concern me, i jsut want to know if it actually works.

Lets just say I'm glad too, but the jury's still out on this.
Currently, I'd say this is much better for boosted setups as timing can only retard.
But with backing and support at AEM new features have already been requested AND added!

Case in point: the beta firmware update adds WB AF channel.

I've been following the thread for a while but haven't really been seeing any for sure answers. Just wondering a couple simple things, does it work without the MSP ECU and in your opinion is it a good product. I'm not planning on getting 400WHP just want to be able to get a good tune on it so it will be more efficient.

This product seems like the best for the price and support you're getting. Installation and wiring doesn't concern me, i jsut want to know if it actually works.

This piggyback should work with anything it is correctly installed on.
So, Yes.
It has worked for me, though as you can read in this thread, I still have to work out the bugs.

Remember I have an NA setup, the piggyback is actually oriented towards boosted applications. I can't speak to it's capabilities in areas I have not used.....yet.

This piggyback should work with anything it is correctly installed on.
So, Yes.
It has worked for me, though as you can read in this thread, I still have to work out the bugs.

Remember I have an NA setup, the piggyback is actually oriented towards boosted applications. I can't speak to it's capabilities in areas I have not used.....yet.
let's install it on my car....my harness is already hacked.....(spin)

Update,
the Beta release is now available in final version.
I've been told by AEM tech sup that the Miata they were using for testing also had issues with double pulsing injectors and that the beta changes resolved that.

Yes. I ordered an Innovate LC-1 to install with the firmware update.
Hoping install is soon.

Jeez, Alejo, lay off!

Firmware upgrade is required to add WB channel to datalogging AND correct programming to allow for the double-pulsing of the fuel injectors.
AEM confirmed a similar problem with the Miatas they were testing and those were rectified by the upgrade.
It's not that hard, but I have not gotten to it yet.

I have been pushing to get the cylinder head complete (it is being setup for my twiggy cams) and then get a number of things done at the same time to minimize the down time.
Check my build thread for more info:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123671187&page=2

Jeez, Alejo, lay off!

Firmware upgrade is required to add WB channel to datalogging AND correct programming to allow for the double-pulsing of the fuel injectors.
AEM confirmed a similar problem with the Miatas they were testing and those were rectified by the upgrade.

I have been pushing to get the cylinder head complete (it is being setup for my twiggy cams) and then get a number of things done at the same time to minimize the down time.
what D, you have a life besides your p5???:cool: see you sat.

Jeez, Alejo, lay off!

mang!!

j/k dude

but as i said, if it had been working you'd probably had updated this thread....it hasn't worked, so there sno updates :)

he dont even know how to tune by himself. by the way im goin to buy one for my 2000 626, i guess i dont have same ecu compare to you guys.

u boosting the 626?

we require that you post pictures of your boosted 626, otherwise, i'll hack into your computer and hit you with the mouse...

if it ain't boosted, don't worry about it.

u boosting the 626?

we require that you post pictures of your boosted 626, otherwise, i'll hack into your computer and hit you with the mouse...

if it ain't boosted, don't worry about it.

His sig sez hes running 7psi on a T3/04E.

I think the install instructions link to the AEM forum is around here.

Yeah, my unit would not accept the flash update.
Had to send it in to AEM. They received the unit and confirmed that it was not taking the update.
They told me yesterday on the phone that they will be contacting me today about if it will be repaired or replaced. Hooray for good customer service.

Apparently, they have a few units that have had this problem rejecting the flash update.
The Tech Sup said they were unable to communicate with the unit which is strange cuz it was working OK for me.

Also have now wired in the Innovate LC-1 Wideband so datalogs will include the WB signal readings. WOOT!

Back