AEM Cold Air Intake

well i just checked AEM website and that part number doesnt exsist yet.......funny how things sho up on ebay before the manufacture has it on there web site

why dont u call aem and get a group buy as there are many of us here that would buy it if it is correct. Save some money

I will tomorrow and see what they can do. I need to gather a list of everyone interested if it is true though

1. Dave2521

our distributor has these intakes in red, blue, chrome and silver on special order under this part number

edit - if anyone is interested in a Group Buy on these, we can secure a price of $185 plus shipping, possibly less with my distributor.

Last edited:
Captain KRM P5 said:
my distributor has these intakes in red, blue, chrome and silver on special order under this part number
Hehe i checked that as well as soon as i saw this thread
you will see it on the upcoming products list ;) (thumb)

Yeah, the part number checks out. Its not on the AEM website yet, but it does come up as an AEM intake for Mazda3

Dave2521 said:
I will tomorrow and see what they can do. I need to gather a list of everyone interested if it is true though

1. Dave2521
2. Canada3
shipping to canada rates?

I'm in also. I will buy it but I'm a little nervous about the warranty issue. I mean will this void anyones warranty for putting it in. I know 7hp is not much but who knows what the dealer will grab on to in order not to do warranty work. I would LOVE to get a supercharger, CAI, headers, blah blah, everything to make my Mazda 3 make M3's beg for mercy, but honestly it's a brand new car, mine dosen't even have 1000 miles on it yet. I don't want to get stuck paying $260 a month for a car with no warranty. Please give me your thoughts.

yac2727 said:
I'm in also. I will buy it but I'm a little nervous about the warranty issue. I mean will this void anyones warranty for putting it in. I know 7hp is not much but who knows what the dealer will grab on to in order not to do warranty work. I would LOVE to get a supercharger, CAI, headers, blah blah, everything to make my Mazda 3 make M3's beg for mercy, but honestly it's a brand new car, mine dosen't even have 1000 miles on it yet. I don't want to get stuck paying $260 a month for a car with no warranty. Please give me your thoughts.
the intake and stock airbox can be swapped out easily enough before you go to a dealer for service - meaning they never need to know you have one

its nice to see companies already making performance parts... I'd probably be interested in getting the intake a lil bit later on, I'm still braking in the car :)

They day has come!

I am sure w/ an intake were gonna have a nice intake growl, quiet cars are boring to me' :)

Keep us all posted w/ fit and opinions' pics yet installed?

Anyone have any idea where the filter of the intake will go? Like in the wheel well or....?

Enig said:
Anyone have any idea where the filter of the intake will go? Like in the wheel well or....?
I believe if It's CAI it will go under front wheel fender. that's how it goes in with MSP, MP, MP5.

Back