advice

i bought the sport package cx 5 which comes with no bluetooth.

however i asked him two seperate times if the cx 5 i was buying came with bluetooth. in front of me and my fiance he said yes. of course after checking the paperwork i should of not signed for the car but did cuz i figured bluetooth is so standard these days id figured there was an option to push a button to activate it.

well i got the survey and now i want to take this opportunity to see if the dealership will fix this misinformed feature on my car. i called the sales manager who closed my deal and told him i had a concern before i took the survey. told him my concern was that the salesman told me there was bluetooth. he told me give him a few days to talk to the general manager but was not sure if there was anything they could do. of course i know i cant win this in court cuz i did sign...

but i was wondering if you guys have had any stories from personal exp or from friends of similar situations... if so what compensation did you get?

LOL, you won't get jack squat. Car salesmens are idiots just like most Best Buy employees if you ask them anything technical about computers.
If you had asked if the CX-5 was powered by unicorn tears, guy prolly would have said yes to make the sale.
Fill out the survey and mark stuff down that you think should be and write in your experience.
BTW, what dealership is this in Fontana? I'm near the area, just curious, planning on buying a CX-5 later this year.

Sorry but most of us (experienced car buyers) do not consider car salespeople as good/reliable source of information.

LOL, you won't get jack squat. Car salesmens are idiots just like most Best Buy employees if you ask them anything technical about computers.
If you had asked if the CX-5 was powered by unicorn tears, guy prolly would have said yes to make the sale.
Fill out the survey and mark stuff down that you think should be and write in your experience.
BTW, what dealership is this in Fontana? I'm near the area, just curious, planning on buying a CX-5 later this year.

haha good one on the unicorn tears... yeah id figure as much. i went to romero mazda in ontario. they were nice and i got a good deal. i paid 24,400 OTD for the AWD Sport. sticker was 24800. i dont know i guess id feel a bit guilty giving a bad survey since i did sign for the car knowing i didnt see the bluetooth. haha

I always fully research the car before I go to the dealer so I know what I'm getting. Often times I'll know more about the car than they do.

I always fully research the car before I go to the dealer so I know what I'm getting. Often times I'll know more about the car than they do.

Yep. I was bummed when I found out the Sport did not come with Bluetooth or the touchscreen audio. The funny thing was that as I was doing the final paperwork, the parts department manager came over and tried to sell me the Tom Tom add-on GPS unit for an extra $500. Knowing that this didn't apply to the Sport I asked him if that would include the touchscreen so the GPS would be able to display the maps. After about 15 minutes he returned to tell me what I already knew - no GPS option.

Fortunately, my Garmin NUVI 2460 does include Bluetooth and voice command dialing, as well as the ability to be programmed while driving. It links automatically to my phone when it starts up and is pretty clear to those I call. Even better, I can remove it while it's running, hand it to a passenger, and they can program one or multiple trip destinations and the unit will sort them into a logical order. I have also taken it into my hotel room to program the next day's destinations. All for $179.

You can also get a bluetooth speakerphone that clips on the visor. They are small and stay out of the way. I use a Supertooth. Jabra, Motorola, Blueant also make good ones.

Yep. I was bummed when I found out the Sport did not come with Bluetooth or the touchscreen audio. The funny thing was that as I was doing the final paperwork, the parts department manager came over and tried to sell me the Tom Tom add-on GPS unit for an extra $500. Knowing that this didn't apply to the Sport I asked him if that would include the touchscreen so the GPS would be able to display the maps. After about 15 minutes he returned to tell me what I already knew - no GPS option.

Fortunately, my Garmin NUVI 2460 does include Bluetooth and voice command dialing, as well as the ability to be programmed while driving. It links automatically to my phone when it starts up and is pretty clear to those I call. Even better, I can remove it while it's running, hand it to a passenger, and they can program one or multiple trip destinations and the unit will sort them into a logical order. I have also taken it into my hotel room to program the next day's destinations. All for $179.

haha they didnt even offer it to me because my salesman told me there was bluetooth. haha

update: Just emailed this to the owner of the dealership and cc the general salesmanager

Hi Valerie,

The reason for my email is to let you know my personal experience with Romero Mazda before I take the official Mazda Survey. The employees who handled my deal were very professional and hard working so I do want to give them credit for that. Joey was the salesman who helped my fiance and me was very sociable and courteous. Francisco the sales manager was also very nice and did everything he could to make everything work out. The deal they made on the new CX 5 was awesome, but I have two main concerns.

The smaller of my concerns, is that I went through Costco's website to start our negotiating price. Francisco told me he would show me, but that never happened. So how do I know that the price we started negotiating at is the price guaranteed by Costco?

The larger of my concerns, is that during the negotiation I asked Joey on two separate occasions if Bluetooth was included on this model. He confidently shook his head and said yes both times I asked. My fiance being a witness to this question The worst part was getting home and finding out there was no Bluetooth. I checked the owners manual and it confirmed that it only came on the upgraded radio.

I work for Chase Bank as a personal banker and I really take pride in keeping my promises to my customers. If I tell a customer a product works a certain way and I was mistaken I make sure to own the issue from start to finish. I called Francisco Wednesday, August 15th and told him my concerns. He told me he'd talk to his general manager to figure out a solution and asked me to call back Friday. Joey calls me today around 10:00am (Friday, August 17th) and tries to explain to me that the Bluetooth is optional on the Sport model. I told him that is not what he said when I bought the car and brought up the two moments when I had asked him about the Bluetooth. He then tells me that he does recall saying that there was Bluetooth and that the computer had listed Bluetooth as a feature on the car I was buying. He then told me he'd talk to his general manager and would figure out a solution. I told him Id call back later in the day. I waited till about 4pm to call back and spoke to Francisco. Francisco explains to me that Joey is very knowledgeable and wouldn't have made that mistake in telling me there was Bluetooth. I told him that Joey and him were on two separate pages. Joey is telling me he did make a mistake in telling me there was Bluetooth and Francisco is saying he did not. Francisco then tells me that they can possibly compensate me with two free oil changes or possibly get me the Bluetooth radio at dealership cost. He then goes to say that they already gave me a good deal on the price of CX5 and that there really isnt much they can do. I reply back that the issue is not on the cost of the CX 5, my issue is that I was told there was a feature on the car I was buying and obviously there is not. I told him to speak to Joey so they could be on the same page and to have Joey call me.

I wait two hours and decide to call Joey. He tells me that he barely caught the general manager Sam today and Sam said that they could work it out tomorrow. He then tells me that they may or may not be able to help me with the Bluetooth feature and that they may possibly supplement the issue with another service like oil changes. After hearing this for the second time, I explain to him that the issue is that I was promised the Bluetooth feature and they are trying to fix it by offering me services that do not solve my problem of hooking my phone up to the car. Their solutions do not make any sense. Joey then tells me that it sounds like you want the Bluetooth feature. I told him that is what I was promised and the only solution to my problem.

I am frustrated that I am getting juggled between Joey and Francisco. Francisco told me to call back Friday to only find out the problem was not resolved. Joey tells me he'd talk to Sam and now Sam is saying they'll work it out tomorrow (Saturday, August 18th). What happened to the service I saw during the sale? It is no where near in the same comparison now that I have a concern with my vehicle.

I believe heavily in referrals. It is how I build my book of business being a personal banker. Whether the customer is a new account or having problems with an existing account I give the same level of customer service of trying to exceed their expectations in hopes they can trust me with their friends and family. How can I refer business to your dealership if it only seems that they care about new business?

Please contact me, I want to be fair in giving you the survey that the Mazda Corporation highly values.

I don't think the dealers care that much about the post sale survey from Mazda. I had a similar difficult experience during my CX-5 purchase. I voiced my concerns over e-mail and the dealer never offered any resolution. I wrote out in long detail about my experiences in the Mazda survey. I never received any other communication from the dealer or corporate after the survey. Just wanted to pass that along that it seems they are really giving you the run around and threatening them with a lousy survey result won't necessarily net any results. If there are no consequences from corporate for a bad survey result there is no incentive for the dealer to resolve issues or change ways.

I don't think the dealers care that much about the post sale survey from Mazda. I had a similar difficult experience during my CX-5 purchase. I voiced my concerns over e-mail and the dealer never offered any resolution. I wrote out in long detail about my experiences in the Mazda survey. I never received any other communication from the dealer or corporate after the survey. Just wanted to pass that along that it seems they are really giving you the run around and threatening them with a lousy survey result won't necessarily net any results. If there are no consequences from corporate for a bad survey result there is no incentive for the dealer to resolve issues or change ways.

thanks for letting me know your experience. haha if they dont do anything about the results from their surveys, then whats the point?

Some dealers care about the survey results. I had a very positive experience with my dealer's internet manager. He did mention that a survey would be coming later on and cared about how well his dealership helped us.

My dealer cared a lot about the survey. They mentioned the survey repeatedly at the time of purchase, emphasizing that if there was any reason I can't give them the max score that they would resolve it immediately. Weeks after the sale, they were still emailing be reminders to fill out the survey.

Last edited:
My dealer cared a lot about the survey. They mentioned the survey repeatedly at the time of purchase, emphasizing that if there was any reason I can't give they the max score that they would resolve it immediately. Weeks after the sale, they were still emailing be reminders to fill out the survey.

my dealership is going to take care of the promise. they arent giving me the factory installed bluetooth with touchscreen but they are going to install a module that links to the factory radio to allow it to take incoming calls through the car speaker systems. it will have its own screen but they are using a vendor that is certified to do factory work on mazdas so that no warranties are voided. im happy they gave me a solution. He said he would find out what module hes getting for my car so i can how it will look. i can only hope the unit and their work comes out nice even though its not exactly the factory radio

I like the way your dealership stepped up, well done.

That salesman should go back through training, that's just in-excusable to not know enough about the options/packages in the CX-5 (or any Mazda). It isn't rocket science. Sorry for your troubles, but glad they resolved it.

That salesman should go back through training, that's just in-excusable to not know enough about the options/packages in the CX-5 (or any Mazda). It isn't rocket science. Sorry for your troubles, but glad they resolved it.

Ya... They are installing a parrot Bluetooth car kit

done

Here's the added bluetooth... Guy told me he'd put it near the left side but when I got back he had centered it... Don't really like there... Plus I'm a little OCD and its not exactly in the center. Haha. I guess it's better than no Bluetooth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.2 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.4 KB · Views: 163
Back