Advanced Keyless Entry Annoying w/o Touch Sensors??

I'm still trying to get used to the system - being right handed, I usually carry stuff (say, a small bag of items from the grocery store) in my left hand. The button is easiest to push with your left hand thumb, while gripping the handle, Once it unlocks, just open with same hand. What I wind up doing though is either shifting what I'm carrying from left to right hand, or turning my hand upside down to use button and handle with right hand. Either way, it's a little awkward. And then, if you need to unlock passenger door, it takes two presses of the button to do that, and my timing is way off on that one half the time. I don't get the delay for the second press right and wind up just unlocking from the inside. Unimpressive.

To open the locked lift gate, you have to reach to the right and feel around for the unlock button, press it, then find the latch in the middle to open it. Both are hidden and you have to find by feel.

I'm aware I could skip all that and just use the remote, but most of the time it's buried in my purse and NOT having to dig it out to get in and start the car is what I like best about the feature. So, I continue to stumble around with buttons and handles to avoid doing that.

I would dig it out to open the hatch, though, if it had that feature. I know, difference between 16.5 and 17............

The button for the tail is just off the reversing camera which is approximately in the middle (if that helps you)

And then, if you need to unlock passenger door, it takes two presses of the button to do that, and my timing is way off on that one half the time. I don't get the delay for the second press right and wind up just unlocking from the inside. Unimpressive.

Under Settings | Vehicle Advanced Keyless Entry, the factory default is 'Driver's: Once, All Doors: Twice'

But you can personalize it to get 'All Doors:Once' if you hate "double clicks".

Under Settings | Vehicle Advanced Keyless Entry, the factory default is 'Driver's: Once, All Doors: Twice'

Good to know. Thanks for the tip!

Unless I'm misunderstanding the manual and based on my limited experience, the auto-lock feature is proximity based for the 2017 MY.

6534857df9b1faf6d670f0479cc6de10.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same with 16.5 MY actually. With reference to the antenna locations in the "Lock" diagram, I've learned over time to take the rear path (as opposed to walking in front of the car) when I need to move from one side of the car to the other, yet don't want the car to lock the doors on me, thinking I'm "walking away". (Scenario: finished cleaning one side of car with portable vacuum, close door, work on the other side...) If I walk in front of the car, it always lock the doors and I have to press the Request button again.

Under Settings | But you can personalize it to get 'All Doors:Once' if you hate "double clicks".

I saw that option and thought about it, but 99% of the time it's just me and I feel like unlocking all four is a safety concern, especially at night. So I will muddle through the occasional need to open the passenger door.

I saw that option and thought about it, but 99% of the time it's just me and I feel like unlocking all four is a safety concern, especially at night. So I will muddle through the occasional need to open the passenger door.

I used to think like this as well. I went from a car that you could unlock just the driver door only to the Mazda6 which opens all doors at once. Now if I ever have any concerns, after I get on and just lock all the doors.

Thanks. I forgot about that option. Enabled this in my car. Much nicer. Wife likes it better, too.
I think the odds of someone running up to your car and grabbing the opposite door to fling open your door at the exact moment you unlock your door are so remotely slim....I'll take my chances.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think the odds of someone running up to your car and grabbing the opposite door to fling open your door at the exact moment you unlock your door are so remotely slim....I'll take my chances.

Your risk analysis makes perfect sense, and in my case that "someone" can only be my impatient wife waiting for me to let her in. :)

Thanks. I forgot about that option. Enabled this in my car. Much nicer. Wife likes it better, too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Try and let us know! ;)

Back