Adding Seafoam into the throttle body

Okay....so im guessing the op ONLY wants to clean up the throttle body? In that case, just like njaremka said just take the boost tube off and spray

if you still want to do the intake cleaning via pouring into the brake booster, this will make it simple....

This is where you disconnect...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

use pliers and wiggle it off (the part that is closer to the front of the car). This will be under vacuum while you are idling. You can undo it before you start up your engine, and stick your finger in the hole until you are ready to pour in your seafoam

that vacuum line is being fed negative pressure (vacuum) from a connection point right on your intake plenum here...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you look at your throttle body its the hose just AFTER the throttle body (if you follow the direction of the air supplied to the engine

in your case this would not clean your throttle, but it would absolutely clean the rest of your engine

Thank you for the pics! This makes it much more simple to follow.

However "quickly" it gets into the engine makes no difference. You are looking for more of an even spread of the solution, which you can usually get with a brake booster line. By even i mean the liquid being able to make its way into each chamber pretty much equally. And since every intake stroke creates a vacuum in that chamber, each one is going to suck up the same amount

any vacuum line works....whichever one you decide to struggle with to get to is on you. And on the Ms3, the brake booster IS the easiest

Alright. I'm going to return the spray that I bought and pick up the liquid version. Thanks guys!!

Im guessing you mean "EGR".....which will be minimally affected with the seafoam induction cleaning in my opinion

Sorry, yes I meant EGR. I figured it's worth a shot. The idea of removing the EGR valve and cleaning it manually is too daunting for me.

Seafoam uses the word SLOWLY in their instructions on the bottle.

Since you've never done before you may want to try back to back treatments for best results.

Between the motor and the radiator is a hose secured by a blue clip. That blue clip releases the hose, so you can put a short replacement over the fitting. Let the motor slurp up 1/3 of the can, following the directions. Don't expect too much smoke. No air/fuel mixture is passing the intake valves, so the carbon build-up won't be as much as a conventionally-fed motor.

^^^thats arguable since we still have a pcv that allows oily air to enter the system....and thus have less than perfect O2 going through the valves and so forth

Between the motor and the radiator is a hose secured by a blue clip. That blue clip releases the hose, so you can put a short replacement over the fitting. Let the motor slurp up 1/3 of the can, following the directions. Don't expect too much smoke. No air/fuel mixture is passing the intake valves, so the carbon build-up won't be as much as a conventionally-fed motor.
There is a video of this on Youtube. I Tried the BB line and got a few puffs of white smoke. Then I used the line with the blue clip, and got a good amount of black smoke come out of the exhaust. It also left the inside of the tail pipe super clean.
I also read somewhere that putting seafoam in your gas tank helps clean the EGR system since "some of the chemicals survive the combustion process, and go out in the exhaust helping clean EGR components".

I tried the line with the blue clip while the car was idling and when i did not plug the line it tried to stall but it would not suck up the seafoam. Along with that i put it in the crankcase and the gas tank. I did the normal wait and got nothing so im guessing it was clean. Ive done the process with a prelude in the day and got plenty of smoke.

Its been awhile ago but i was due for an oil change so i changed it either the next day or day after that.

When you use it as a pre service cleaner you should drive the car for a 30 minute or mile minimum or up to a 100 mile max and then change the oil and filter. If you add as an after service additive you should change your oil and filter prior to rolling 3,000 miles and checking it often to see if you need to do it sooner. http://www.seafoamsales.com/tech-info-gas-engines/

I tried the line with the blue clip while the car was idling and when i did not plug the line it tried to stall but it would not suck up the seafoam. Along with that i put it in the crankcase and the gas tank. I did the normal wait and got nothing so im guessing it was clean. Ive done the process with a prelude in the day and got plenty of smoke.
Probably too late, but it sounds like you tried to put the Sea Foam into the hose. There is no vacuum there. The vacuum is in the fitting where the hose was connected.

Yep, you won't clean anything that way using seafoam on a DI engine, in case anybody is still listening. You need to suck it into the engine. You can use the BPV hose but the blue clip vac hose is better, just tap it in and out of the liquid seafoam to get it in there without stalling the engine and stall it with the last of it. Then let it sit for 20 minutes, fire it up and watch the neighbours run to call FD.

Really, best way to clean the valves is to remove the intake manifold, spray the valve with deep creep, and brush 'em clean with a toothbrush. The seafoam induction (for me) didn't seem to do much. The valves were COVERED in gunk, looked terrible.

Back