Add Front Camera to 2017 CX-5

MazdaInTN

:
2017 Mazda cx-5 Grand Touring AWD
I just leased my 2017 CX-5 GT and am considering adding a front camera. I am nervous because I don't want to affect any of the wiring or cause issues and am not sure how familiar an auto shop would be installing a front camera aftermarket. I park in many tight parking garages and know I would utilize the camera frequently. Anyone have experience with this and what it entails?

I am having trouble finding good information on Google and Youtube. Thanks!

Sticked mine on the front camera housing.

27117715349_baa255f530_b.jpg

38007536485_89ecf5a995_b.jpg

38894072381_bf28aea43c_b.jpg

38186945964_3c94e4215e_b.jpg

Take a look at the various Invisicord threads. This is easily removed and simple end-user install as long as your have a Homelink mirror. I've wired all of my cars this way.

I’m looking at getting a BlackVue camera and will probably be using the invisacord as I have a GT with Homelink mirror. Will that work with their hardwire kit that enables “Parking Mode”?

Also It has a rear view camera as well, do we know the best cable route from the front windshield to back window?

Thanks.

If you want to use parked mode you will want to use the leads for full time power on mirror versus switched. You may need to meter that out if no one chimes in on which terminal is needed. If camera has rear camera that is wired... Invisicord may not be the best option since you are going to need to remove trim anyway. IMO...Invisicord is good for quick no panel removal installs for frontward facing cameras or radar detectors.

For some reason I think that OP is asking about an actual front view camera. Like a stock rearview camera, but facing forward.
If that's the case, I've done that on my Tahoe. Front view and right side view cameras, in addition to the stock rearview one. All are controlled with three additional buttons and three relays, displaying images on the stock screen. I made it in the way that it can be easily taken off the car, no stock wires cut.
This is not trivial project, and it takes a while to design and implement. However, it is very rewarding in certain situations. Just make yourself absolutely sure that whoever takes on the project knows exactly what they are doing.

Yeah..it sounds like that may be the case.. My GX had that available as a rare factory option... unfortunately mine didn't come with the around view camera system.

I have wanted to do this for a while, and I actually got a camera as well. It would fit nicely, into my Mazda front emblem(on my 14').
I can't help you much, because I have a Kenwood nav unit installed, that has a front camera input. I don't know how this could be done on the factory radio.
I have also installed a camera into my passenger mirror, but it was cheap camera and the image got unusable after a while. I need to replace it soon.

Latest posts

Back