Actual Fuel Consumption (for 2.3L)

Fuel consumption - revisited

Just fuelled up my Mazda3 Sport GT (2.3L) and found I'd travelled 342.1km on 42.59 litres = 12.45 litres/100km or 18.89 miles per gallon (according to Google) in the city, which is not nearly as good as the specifications. Maybe Mazda found a city with no red lights to test in? If anybody knows where this city is, I'd like to move there, or at least visit. (poke)

Oh well. If I have to work off my environmental debt to society by driving a lame hybrid for the rest of my life, it'll have been worth it to drive the Mazda3 for a few years.

zenmaster said:
Just fuelled up my Mazda3 Sport GT (2.3L) and found I'd travelled 342.1km on 42.59 litres = 12.45 litres/100km or 18.89 miles per gallon (according to Google) in the city, which is not nearly as good as the specifications. Maybe Mazda found a city with no red lights to test in? If anybody knows where this city is, I'd like to move there, or at least visit. (poke)

Oh well. If I have to work off my environmental debt to society by driving a lame hybrid for the rest of my life, it'll have been worth it to drive the Mazda3 for a few years.

18.89 MPG?? Wow.

How many miles are on your 3 (possibly related to engine break-in)? That's roughly my city MPG (actually, probably a little higher) in my 2000 Maxima (from the various times I've driven in NYC and watched my mileage for the hell of it). I'm quite surprised that I can get ~28 MPG highway in my Max with the way I drive :D

This is only the third tank of fuel, so I presume it's still being broken in. Never had a brand squeaky new car before, so I'm not sure what to expect (except for the neurotic need to wash the car too often, which pretty much came true (screwy)). We drive it fairly agressively, but after driving with a 21 year old beater Honda Accord with a 1.8L engine and power nothing, can you blame a guy?

i use only sunoco octane 94 in every vehicle I have had and it s is great...but at 82cents a litre it kinda hurts but worth it........and sunoco gas has been rated the best...

My first tank on my MZ3 5 door atx was 23mpg around town. I'm just starting on my second tank and I'm happy with the mpg, since I didn't want a Honda. My 2.0L Zetec with atx got around the same mpg.

Back