A Question about Passeneger Airbag Light

When you start the car is it suppose to turn on for a few seconds when there is not enough weight, or when there is.

the other day i had my backpack there and it turned on when i started the car.

then my bro sat in it, and i turned on the car and it went on again, but i thought it was only suppose to go on when you start the car if there is not enough weight right?

ill keep checking on that from now on but i thought that was weird.

Read your owner's manual. It will give you the specific weights that will shut off the pass. air bag and turn the light on. Something like 22 lbs.

goldwing2000 said:
Read your owner's manual. It will give you the specific weights that will shut off the pass. air bag and turn the light on. Something like 22 lbs.

well my bro weighs 150+ and the light goes on when he sits there, meaning passenger air bag off

so hummm?

GrEeNxEyeZz said:
well my bro weighs 150+ and the light goes on when he sits there, meaning passenger air bag off

so hummm?

No, the light will stay on all the time if the airbag is disabled.

well when no one is in the car, other than me, the light lights up only when i start it and then its never on, so no it wont stay on

is 88lbs or more it should be off...less than 88lbs and great than 0 and it should be on......when I put a 18l water bottle it goes off........I guess they figure 88lbs is the average weight for a 12 child?

Im still confused okay...

the light goes on when someone is sitting there right?

But the light reads Passenger Air Bag OFF....

So logically it hink that it will go ON when there is NO ONE there telling me that it wont go OFF during an accident.

But what happens is when someone IS sitting there the light goes ON telling me that the air bag is OFF.

GrEeNxEyeZz said:
Im still confused okay...

the light goes on when someone is sitting there right?

But the light reads Passenger Air Bag OFF....

So logically it hink that it will go ON when there is NO ONE there telling me that it wont go OFF during an accident.

But what happens is when someone IS sitting there the light goes ON telling me that the air bag is OFF.

Right, the light will illuminate when the sensor has been deactivated. If someone is sitting in the seat and the light is lit and they have their seatbelt latched then there is something wrong with the sensor.

Seriously, dude. Read your owner's manual. This is all spelled out in there. If it is operating differently then your owner's manual describes, then take it in for service.

It is made so if you have a child in the front seat the airbag will be deactivated. You should not have children in the front seat if the are 12 years of age and under...

Its like in pickups you can turn it off with the key of you will be transporting a child who is undeer the age of 12....

a airbag can seriously injure or kill a child

Back