A P5 you CAN'T HANDLE

magnumP5 said:
Lookin good. I'm really liking the JDM tails and 323F badge (heh). The roof rack has got to go though. When I first got my P5 I thought they looked cool but ever since I removed them over the summer all P5's I see with them just look weird. But yeah, sweet ride - definitely something different.

no way will the roof rack ever go...i love it...and i dont wanna be like everyone else and remove it....im keeping it...makes me more unique..lol

Yaggie1 said:
Looks awesome. Love the gold wheels on the black. JDM tails, always makes the backend look better. How bout some pics of what you did to the interior.

interior is pretty much stock except for the usual painted interior pieces....gauge rings....gauge pod with gauges....oh and i painted the silver parts of the car...ie..pillars and stuff black......next is to paint the blueish colored interior pieces black....never really digged the color of the dash and the rest of the plastic pieces being that really dark/off black looking color....

nocoastgangster said:
**** is like pizza, even when it's bad it's still pretty good!

so you like the rims and tires.....but you dont at the same time???lol

or u just like them...

or you hate them....

bigj884 said:
no way will the roof rack ever go...i love it...and i dont wanna be like everyone else and remove it....im keeping it...makes me more unique..lol

With the roof racks and your fogs off you look like a cop, I know because I got the s*** scared outa me by a black P5 the other night. lol

jeg0024 said:
With the roof racks and your fogs off you look like a cop, I know because I got the s*** scared outa me by a black P5 the other night. lol

well....i dont really know what to say to this comment....if you confuse a cop car.....which are usually ford crown victoria's.....thkning that a P5 looks simliar to it....at night pulling up behind you.....then you have alot more to learn about ur car as well as other cars in general than i thought...

the headlights alone on a cop car (crown victoira) are WAY different than the P5 or even a Protege headlight.

but dont worry...i'll teach you up good

Foolish said:
You're right. I can't handle it. Too bright. The wheels are too bright. Waaaay too bright gold, like yellow. Just a bit too much for me, especially with the very low profile tires making it look all rim, no rubber. Sorry, that's just what I think.

My vote is the same.
Not a fan of the gold on black, and the super low profile over-aceuates the color contrast. Also makes the red calipers really stand out - and being the only red thing on the car that makes them stick out even more.

I agree with te hprevious posts that if you're gonna go w/ the gold theme, you need more things on the vehicle to match it.
Hell, why not the windshield wiper arms...

bigj884 said:
well....i dont really know what to say to this comment....if you confuse a cop car.....which are usually ford crown victoria's.....thkning that a P5 looks simliar to it....at night pulling up behind you.....then you have alot more to learn about ur car as well as other cars in general than i thought...

the headlights alone on a cop car (crown victoira) are WAY different than the P5 or even a Protege headlight.

jacksonville has a unmarked rx-8, of course impala's (one with blinged out rims! I kid you not.. I recieved a speeding ticket by him!), tahoes, taruse, and of course your normal run of hte mill unmarked squad cars. Iv'e seen corvettes, mustangs to but not in jacksonville

bigj884 said:

First off, most Orange and Osceola County sheriffs/police/st troopers drive new Impalas, Intrepids, Cobalts, those bad ass Camaro trooper cars and then theres the not so often Crown Vic. Which I know by the rectangle headlights and those ever so distinct inside running lights. The Impala and the Cobalts on the other hand have similar headlights to the Protege. And that doesnt even start to mention the tons of unmarked cops in anything from a F-250 or a Jeep Cherokee to Mustang GT's. I personally can name almost any car type and generaton just by what the headlights look like when comming up from behind, I just had never been in my own rear view mirror before and it was new to me. I am very knowledegable about cars and their parts, infact I even taught the guy at NAPA a few things about some of the parts they sell there. I ovbiously know the difference between a crown vic's and my own headlights, just dont start to even think im car stupid, because if I was I wouldnt be on this site trying to help others. Which doesnt mean I know everything, so if you wanna teach me good well then take me to class!

PS. Did I sound pissed off up there? lol, I was trying too, I just dont like people assuming that im stupid thats all.

StealthWyvern said:
jacksonville has a unmarked rx-8, of course impala's (one with blinged out rims! I kid you not.. I recieved a speeding ticket by him!), tahoes, taruse, and of course your normal run of hte mill unmarked squad cars. Iv'e seen corvettes, mustangs to but not in jacksonville

Thanks man! lol. And just as a heads up that Jeep Cherokee, its dark green and its a state trooper and he sits around the hw33 exit on I-4 along with the ocasional radar guy on the bridge getting you as you pass under the over pass. And the black Mustang GT, well its also a state trooper and he drives up and down 192 between the St. John's river bridge and I-95 just west of Melbourne. And that F-250 is Osceola county sheriff and is always around my place. And as well St. Cloud police also have around 5 or 6 black F-150's, marked but its blue on black with slim lights on top as seen on the trooper camaro. Ive seen everything man, and those impalas get me because theres so many street ones driving around as well. And if you read my last post or two in TLT then you can see that ive just seen most of the countys cars drive by my house anyways. But enough on this, cops suck and thats all there is to it.

Unmarked RX-8? I bet its slow.

jeg0024 said:
Unmarked RX-8? I bet its slow.
I don't know about that... all iknow if that it had someone pulled over on atlantic blvd. I had to make a u-turn to make sure i wasn't seeing s***. Grant it thats the only time I have seen it.

I like it , it looks hot. not to thread jack, but I'm wondering how gold RX-8 wheels on a blue P5 would look. If someone wouldn't mind, photoshop this and post it up later. Gave a few pics to choose from, not sure which one is best to use. 3rd pic is the only day pic I have right now, only thing is more altering has to done, like shamu un-attacking my car.

Attachments

• pics 345.jpg
    pics 345.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 145
  • pics 347.jpg
    pics 347.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 150
  • pics 407.jpg
    pics 407.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 131
jeg0024 said:
First off, most Orange and Osceola County sheriffs/police/st troopers drive new Impalas, Intrepids, Cobalts, those bad ass Camaro trooper cars and then theres the not so often Crown Vic. Which I know by the rectangle headlights and those ever so distinct inside running lights. The Impala and the Cobalts on the other hand have similar headlights to the Protege. And that doesnt even start to mention the tons of unmarked cops in anything from a F-250 or a Jeep Cherokee to Mustang GT's. I personally can name almost any car type and generaton just by what the headlights look like when comming up from behind, I just had never been in my own rear view mirror before and it was new to me. I am very knowledegable about cars and their parts, infact I even taught the guy at NAPA a few things about some of the parts they sell there. I ovbiously know the difference between a crown vic's and my own headlights, just dont start to even think im car stupid, because if I was I wouldnt be on this site trying to help others. Which doesnt mean I know everything, so if you wanna teach me good well then take me to class!

PS. Did I sound pissed off up there? lol, I was trying too, I just dont like people assuming that im stupid thats all.

don't throw a BF (b**** fit) i was just messing around....and i know there are more cop cars that just the crown victoria...hell we have chargers in my area (with hemi) as well as marauders....souped up of course...the camaros i thkn everyone has those......

but i was just kidding around with you...hince the laughing in my typing....lol

i think what was meant by the wheels comment earlier is that in certain pics.. it looks more of a tan color than gold, because it's not shining correctly. not sure if its just the angle of the pic, the paint, the clear coat, etc?

regardless, it still looks really good :)

WOW(omg) looks amazing!!! i want those rims now but id leave it stock color or go dark grey. Gold looks great with the black, nice work! (thumb)

Back