A little birdie told me....

I think I*d be interested at that point if power is in the 220-250 range or better.

It is not a performance engine. It is a mild hybrid that is aiming to get maximal MPG. It should have lots of torque but don't expect huge HP numbers.

Pics over at Jalopnik. I think it looks real nice. Class leader imo. Will have to see if it delivers on the dynamics though I expect it will.

They seem to compare to the Civic which to me just looks too Pep Boys.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-mazda-3-teaser-video

Spy shots of camo'd 3:
2020-mazda3-spy-photo.jpg

The term junk in the trunk comes to mind and not in a good way.

Wow, that would be nice as long as the styling isn't borked.

You said borked:) Yeah I'm highly interested here.. like me some junk(not too much)- don't love how the 5er has gone all lux- don't really need an SUV- but do need awd so if true seeing this as possible 5er replacement. Agreed w/jr on cx3..why?

You can get an AWD mz3 in Japan with the 1.5L engine. So some chassis to the chassis and front subframe.. you can accommodate the larger motor and trans.. I'd seriously consider an AWD mz3

Reveal starting shortly https://www.mazdausa.com/new-era
<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.ustream.tv/embed/18821622?html5ui" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen frameborder="0" style="border: 0 none transparent;"></iframe>

Last edited:
I generally like the looks but Im not sure about that C pillar on the hatch. I always have preferred the looks of hatch versions of cars until this one where I think I actually like the sedan a little better. Might grow on me though as the Veloster looked ugly at first to me but then a neighbor got one and after seeing it every day for a while I started to like it.

I generally like the looks but I*m not sure about that C pillar on the hatch. I always have preferred the looks of hatch versions of cars until this one where I think I actually like the sedan a little better. Might grow on me though as the Veloster looked ugly at first to me but then a neighbor got one and after seeing it every day for a while I started to like it.

I don't mind it as much but I'll make final determination after seeing it in person.

I generally like the looks but I*m not sure about that C pillar on the hatch. I always have preferred the looks of hatch versions of cars until this one where I think I actually like the sedan a little better. Might grow on me though as the Veloster looked ugly at first to me but then a neighbor got one and after seeing it every day for a while I started to like it.

I don't mind it as much but I'll make final determination after seeing it in person.

I have the same reservations about the C pillar, but will wait til I see it in the flesh to pass final judgement. Consider this though, the width of that component may have something to do with the fact that the wheelbase has been extended an inch and the overall length is now 4" longer (the same as the CX-5!). Apparently, this was Mazda's way of dealing with criticism of the outgoing car's lack of rear seat legroom and cargo capacity. Although it would seem the sloping rear hatch would defeat some of that advantage.(uhm)

I have the same reservations about the C pillar, but will wait til I see it in the flesh to pass final judgement. Consider this though, the width of that component may have something to do with the fact that the wheelbase has been extended an inch and the overall length is now 4" longer (the same as the CX-5!). Apparently, this was Mazda's way of dealing with criticism of the outgoing car's lack of rear seat legroom and cargo capacity. Although it would seem the sloping rear hatch would defeat some of that advantage.(uhm)

If the seats slide forward and back - atleast a few inches this will sell more.

Yea, I think this looks sexier than the GTI but the GTI is more practical packaging.

AWD, sweet! Smart move...

Unfortunately, that short rounded rear end makes the new Pinocchio nose Mazda went for even more hideous...Don*t think I could do it, just like the Velocitor mentioned, that thing isn*t really pretty to look at either...

Yea, I think this looks sexier than the GTI but the GTI is more practical packaging.

I like the GTi better, but I wouldn*t drive another VW if it was given to me. And no, it has absolutely nothing to do with the dieselgate BS...

Agreed on seeing in person as even in the pictures some angles looks fine. The GTI has a similar design with no window in the hatch area but it seems shorter relatively.

Back