A/F troubles...

2K3 Mazdaspeed said:
I've done all the bolt-ons. The next thing will prob be the FMIC, and if I come on here to sell it as a kit, the guy will give me free dyno tuning. He says he can get the s-afc to work. I guess he said he's installed them on cars that weren't "do-able" and he's gotten it to work. I trust the guy, so after the FMIC, I'll see if I can work a deal with him.

yeh same here..my turbo back goes on next week...sri and fmic soon after..and dyno tune inbetween each for purposes of production of the products...once thats done ill look at ems's again

bored132 said:
did you reset your ecu when you installed the cai? At 10psi you should not have any hesitation at all.

if that doesnt work try 15psi :)
The ECU has been reset twice. I can't go above 10psi because I am flashed. I'm gonna have someone look at it tomorrow and see what he can come up with, so hopefully we can solve the problem.

The lower portion of the injen pipe tends to slide off the turbo housing sometimes, you may want to get under the car and take a look and see if the clamp is loose.

Also, all of the symptoms you described are normal for the car. Once it learns about its own airflow it will go OPEN loop full rich and cause a surge in power and if you let off it will buck. When you say you're resetting the ECU what is the way you're doing it?

I don't have to let off for it to buck though. That's what is concerning me...
As far as resetting the ecu, I'm disconnecting the negative battery terminal, holding down the brake for a few seconds and then leaving the car to sit for a while. Once was about 15 minutes, the other was probably like 30 minutes.

My car also fuel cuts, with 10 psi and injen cai, and i also have joeps fcd and fpr. It never did it stock, but it only fuel cuts when its cold outside. My car is flashed and it never hesitstes no more, so its gotta be fuel cut.

Moscarsado said:
My car also fuel cuts, with 10 psi and injen cai, and i also have joeps fcd and fpr. It never did it stock, but it only fuel cuts when its cold outside. My car is flashed and it never hesitstes no more, so its gotta be fuel cut.
Did you read my first post? Does yours happen the same way mine does?

Back