2017~2024 Weird feeling accelerating with CX-5 Turbo

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
This is kinda a weird occurance, couple times I've experienced what can only be described as a slingshot effect. Very subtle but you feel it.
It's like there a few millsecond pause then the car accelerates forward almost like it's being flung forward. Don't know if its the turbo, torque converter, transmission or what.
Not been able to pin it down since it's only happened a few times. I think it happens at low speed below 20 mph but not sure.

Anybody experience this?

Yes, & welcome to the fine world of forced induction!
Likely your 1st turbo ride, so learn to live with it, baby - perfectly N:cool:RMAL phenomenon.

Yes, & welcome to the fine world of forced induction!
Likely your 1st turbo ride, so learn to live with it, baby - perfectly N:cool:RMAL phenomenon.
I've had the car for 4 yrs and 2 months. Don't ever remember feeling it before.

If you can provide a video showing the tachometer and speedometer, with audio clear enough to hear the engine (A/C off, radio muted, windows closed), it might narrow down some of the guesswork.

If you can provide a video showing the tachometer and speedometer, with audio clear enough to hear the engine (A/C off, radio muted, windows closed), it might narrow down some of the guesswork.
That would be kinda hard to do since I've only noticed it twice in the last few months. It happens so fast there would be no way to capture it and no way to predict when it would happen.

As of now it's no problem, just wanted to see if anybody that experienced tranny problems in the past noticed anything like this.

Turbo lag is pretty consistent, so it's probably not that if it's happening so infrequently. I know you said it only happened a couple of times, but try to keep note of anything else that may help with identifying the issue if it happens again. Stuff like whether the engine was warm or cold, if it was wet or icy, etc.

Something that came to mind is how the transmission "slips" until it gets up to about 70°F to help heat up the fluid. Could that be what you're feeling on a couple cool mornings?

Something that came to mind is how the transmission "slips" until it gets up to about 70°F to help heat up the fluid. Could that be what you're feeling on a couple cool mornings?
No, last time I noticed it it was about 80f outside and the car was at operating temp.

I’ve owned a lot of turbo cars with all kinds of turbo lagging. This one has the least amount of turbo lag compared to all the other cars I’ve had. That includes a Mazda speed three. Chances are, it’s your transmission might be slipping or it could be that you have a lot of miles, and the carbon buildup is causing, the turbo to work harder to push and meet the demands of the ECU might be time to get the CRC intake and turbo GDI cleaner or take it to a shop and have it walnut blasted, which is very expensive which is why I do the CRC every year. Also, I do the BG 40 4K Once a year but I’ve noticed what you’re talking about when I went from premium to regular one day and noticed the loss of power but once I went back to premium, it was fine

Another good product to try is seafoam. But I prefer CRC as all I have to do is pull off the intake and spray it into the throttle body while someone’s gently revving the car.

What's really strange is how this 2.5 T accelerates compared to my old MS6. Completely different feel.

Back