A deep Bass sound when I power of my Radio, Please Help.

I installed an Audiobahn AW1000Q subwoofer with an Audiobahn 2801 amp. All the wiring done was per the manufacture specs. However, there is one small problem. I was unable to install the remote power cable to the stock radio because I was unable to remove the stock radio and besides that, I do not think the stock radio has a remote power on cable. Well anyway, I installed the remote power cable to the radio fuse which is also manufacture recommended if I am unable to install it in the radio. Ok here is the problem. When I turn the key on my car (I dont turn on the car but the problem occurs with the car on also) just for my radio to power up. With my radio OFF there is nothing but the fan of the amp ON. With my radio ON, its sounds nice, but After a while, maybe 10 minutes and I turn OFF my radio my subwoofer Starts this super deep bass sound and it will only go away when I turn back on my radio. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks a million.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>

Regards,

William

ick....not liking the sound of this one. Okay...I'm not sure why they recommend going to the radio fuse with the remote wire. I think that you'd be better off going to the 12V intermittent that goes to the radio. I think it's the same wire, but I would go past the fuse on it. If you need to know which wire it is, check the stickies in this section; we've got pin-outs.

It sound like some sort of grounding or interference problem, but I'm not sure from where exactly. At the very least, this will give you a free bump so someone with more troubleshooting experience than I can help you.

Were on my Protege should I ground my Amp? The wire in only 3 feet long. I was told that I could also wire a "Power Relay" to the remote power wire.

depending on where you amp is where you can ground it. . .mine i an using the seatbelt bracket for my amps in the back from teh rear seat. . and then i got some stuff under my front seats too which are grounded to the front seatbelt mounts

I have a similar thing going on. For me it happens when I take my deck off. Its like a super loud THOOOOMP sound. Happens about every 10 seconds and lasts like half a second. I cant explain it either but it doesnt really bother me much.

Mine is a continuous deep bass sound it I just leave my radio on so that it won't happen. I am going to install a shorter ground cable to see if it goes away.

mine does the exact same thing. i just ran my remote to my battery thru a switch and a fuse, so that i can turn my amp on & off separatley from the stereo. when the car or accessory is on the amp is getting power, but if the deck is off, its not getting any audio signal. so the amp instead of seeing it as nothing sees it as a constant flat signal which it then sends to the sub, making the sound. i might not have explained it well, but that is the problem. to fix that, youll have to get a new deck or hook it up to a switch like i did.
also, i grounded my amp to the latch for the trunk. ive had it this way for almost 2 years now and its been perfectly fine. it also makes the trunk close a little tighter, so it rattles less.

Last edited:
Your amp is staying on all the time. Run the remote wire to the 12V intermittent lead going to the radio itself. GO to radio shack and get yourself a 12V tester and find out which wire it is for you, then wire into that one.

Rider69 said:
Your amp is staying on all the time. Run the remote wire to the 12V intermittent lead going to the radio itself. GO to radio shack and get yourself a 12V tester and find out which wire it is for you, then wire into that one.
I have a tester, I just can't get the "darn" radio out. I purchased the removal kid but I could only get one side out.. the left side is stuck for some reason. I keep on trying. If not the I'll just have to settle with the toggle switch.

William

if you wire it to the accessory wire, whether the stereo is on or not, the amp is going to be on as long as the car is on. thats why when you shut the stereo off, the amp stays on and makes the sound, just like i said.

A friend of mine jsut had that thump goingon, it was LOUD> it actualyl set his alarm off a coupel times, he'd set hsi alarm, walk away, and boom!... traced it to a strang of hsi power wire bridging over to his acc on at the amp connection. I think what happens is the capacitors in the deck drain off after its' been off for a bit.

Either way, Pull that deck! and wire it right. your ams should ALWAYS be switched. I reccomend for help getting the deck out to pry-out the "md/casette" panel and use it for a handle to pull with, you might need to get a friend in there for this one.

I had a similar problem with my two audiobahn amps (A8000T and A4004T) I had it hooked up to an alpine, everytime I got out the car I noticed the LED of the amp and fan would stay on only with the mono amp (a800T)and I turned on my radio after whether it being the next morning or after noticing it right after I would get this HUGE power surge to my subs like whukes said like a THOOMP s=ound that lasted for less than a second. and also my cap would stay on the whole night too.

I knew it wasn't the remote wire from the radio because since I work in the roadshop at circuit city I just simply took my raidio out and snipped the the remote wire and the the amp stayed on, so I just swaped it out for a new one at work thinking the amp was defective.

but I put the new one, I had the same problem.

so be it that day I had no time to figure out the problem cus some ref wanted his top of the line $99 JVC put in I could finish the proper diagnostic. but that besides the point, what did noticed that the problem went completely away was hen the Cap was fully charged for the first time and since then (6 Months now) I have never had the problem, so I guess it could have been the cap staying on or something I found it really wierd.

like posuer said, push in the part where your cassette is soppused to be and pull from there, even though I did use "L" keys or do this, get two wired hangers bend them into a u shape and Bam you got ghetto radio removers!!!

Before I go thru all this trouble, does the stock headset come with a remote power wire? In other words, will I be able to get my amp to turn on and off every time I turn on and off my stock headset? Thanks

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

William(bowdown)

You will be able to access the plug going to the HU and then can splice into the Pink/Black wire of the harness. That is the switched wire. If you need more help, I am in Orlando and could possibly take a look at it for you. PM me if you need help

I finally got HU out. I thought that the Black on Pink wire will come alive everytime I TURN ON my HU but it only comes alive when I turn the Key. It is the same think I have now with the difference that I am connected to the fuse box. After all this I will either install a toggle switch to power my amp OR I'll just get into the groove and purchase an aftermarket HU. Thanks guys.....

William

That thing sort-of like a relay.. I think I'm better of doing some ebay hunting for an MP3 HU. THanks for the advice though..

William

Back