7k or 12 Month Rattle Warranty?

Darkhorse

I just went to the dealership yesterday to check up on my rattle in the front passenger glove compartment area. I had some other work done but the guy came back and told me that I've gone past the 7k or 12 month warranty for any type of rattle issues? Is this true? I have NEVER heard of such a thing but I could be wrong. They told me that it would be 90 something dollars for the tech to even look into it.

Dude that is bulls***. Tell them to show you documentation of such a thing as a Rattle Warranty but tell them to fix in the mean time so they don't waste too much time finding/typing up something.

Yeah, I'd say "show me the documentation" on that. Time for the BS flag.

Yeah, the rattle warranty sounds suspect to me as well but my experience has always been nearly impossible for the service techs to diagnose these random rattles and stuff. Unless you show up with a printed copy of a TSB that addresses this specific repair (like the infamous windshield cowl squeak), 9 times out of 10, they'll take your car for a "road test" and find no fault because they can't "replicate" the problem.

FWIW, I find it much easier to go online and find fixes from other owners that have had the same problem. Mazda3 interior is easier to take apart than a Lego castle! Seriously, you don't have to be mechanically inclined to do most of these fixes.

derspi, i know exactly what you mean. although, i'm one of those types that tries to do somethign themselves and then somehow breaks something idiotically. hahaha. catch my drift?

If its covered, i much rather sit there and wait for someone else thats professionally trained to do so. haha, idk.

I just went to the dealership yesterday to check up on my rattle in the front passenger glove compartment area. I had some other work done but the guy came back and told me that I've gone past the 7k or 12 month warranty for any type of rattle issues? Is this true? I have NEVER heard of such a thing but I could be wrong. They told me that it would be 90 something dollars for the tech to even look into it.

They are misrepresenting the warranty. There is a 12K warranty for free adjustments relating to wheel alignment, belts, and other items affected by normal wear & tear.

As with most of these troubles, the BEST way to fix it is to refer the dealership with as much detail as possible to the nice folks at the mazda usa coporate 800 # .

The dealer will be calling you back with a nice convienent service appt

Back