?

still debating if i should sell the kenwood 8" and amp because it runs on 8 ohms and my friend wants sounds in his truck. is it possible to run it in his truck without blowing the sub? ideas for price?

speedhawaii said:
still debating if i should sell the kenwood 8" and amp because it runs on 8 ohms and my friend wants sounds in his truck. is it possible to run it in his truck without blowing the sub? ideas for price?
Sure just build a properly sized box for it and your allset.

speedhawaii said:
would the amp have to be upside down too from overheating?
The amp being upside down causes over heating. Put ti right side up and you can run a 4 ohm bridged load with no worries.

my friend bought a rockford today. would the kenwood sub pound more if I made a new box for it? i want to put the amp rightside up too. is that possible?

another dumb thing that mazda did i guess. anyone know where to buy plexi? so i would have to bridge the sub to 4 ohms because its a 4 ohm amp? am i correct and is it possible?

speedhawaii said:
another dumb thing that mazda did i guess. anyone know where to buy plexi? so i would have to bridge the sub to 4 ohms because its a 4 ohm amp? am i correct and is it possible?
No the sub is 4 ohms. Amps don't have a resistive value in the way your thinking of.

Your bridge that amp and connect it to the single 4 ohm subwoofer.

www.selectproducts.com

thanks. why is 1sty only posting? haha. ill probably ask my friend for plexi. ill probably plexi over the amp. how do i secure it to the box though?

speedhawaii said:
thanks. why is 1sty only posting? haha. ill probably ask my friend for plexi. ill probably plexi over the amp. how do i secure it to the box though?
Because I spend way to much time on these boards. Plus I'm the audio section moderator.

Fasten the amp or the plexi

What are you trying to accomplish exactly? aplexiglass-window? ifso, Either weatherstripping and screws, or glue and screw, and I'd very seriously look into getting a countersinking pilot drillbit sothat you'll have a little "dish" for a screwhead to hide in.

Not knowing the MSP subs model number, this is my best guess.
0.4 - 0.6 cubic feet

would it be ok to mount the sub ontop of the sub box? (vibrations)

does the amp need air to be cooled? would it be ok to have plexi covering it?

Last edited:
Yes, the amp needs ventilation.
The sub can be oriented however you chose. How it effects the car is a differenet matter all together.

Back