505 Intake Manifold COMPLETED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is the master cylinder TB clearance? i know you are working out the design a bit but still curious as the stock TB to MC clearence is a little bit tight for my perrin set up. regarless, nice work! looking forward to checking out how the fuel bolts up.

Looks sweet. Looking forward to the final product. I am interested in possibly picking one up incomplete, with everything tacked in place. I want to add injectors and i can weld anyways. I prefer the raw look of fresh welds

how is the master cylinder TB clearance? i know you are working out the design a bit but still curious as the stock TB to MC clearence is a little bit tight for my perrin set up. regarless, nice work! looking forward to checking out how the fuel bolts up.

just got off the phone with rich asking him this exact same question. The plenum is getting a revision where the throttle body bolts up there just isnt enough clearance. what rich is going to do is angle it 45 degrees instead of the straight out. so you will have to use a 45 degree coupler instead of a 90 degree coupler.

Looks sweet. Looking forward to the final product. I am interested in possibly picking one up incomplete, with everything tacked in place. I want to add injectors and i can weld anyways. I prefer the raw look of fresh welds

he is going to have options for extra injectors,nitrous ports,meth ports,ect.

also the intake mani is probably going to have a raw finish just polished up a lil bit unless anyone wants to pay extra to have it anodized

The plenum is getting a revision where the throttle body bolts up there just isnt enough clearance. what rich is going to do is angle it 45 degrees instead of the straight out. so you will have to use a 45 degree coupler instead of a 90 degree coupler.

tiz a solution - anything to help keep the CP away from the MC will be a huge plus. CP hack here we come.

Last edited:
Thanks for watchin my back here Ryan, I don't even need to answer any of these questions because you did the job perfect. I was out working with Kelly on the final revisions over the last hour, so didn't see them til now.

I probably won't see the revised mockup piece for this weekend unfortunately, but early next week I hope to have it for what will hopefully be the final test fit before the full prototype.

tiz a solution - anything to help keep the CP away from the MC will be a huge plus. CP hack hear we come.

How we cut the cold-pipe will be no different at all than it would have been with the original design.

This revision will tweak the entire TB flange to make the TB inlet sit 45* towards the front of the car. It is still going to be very tight at the brake reservoir and to be more specific at the one hard line that loops around on the passenger side of it, but we will get it sitting just right. Several little tweaks in the design will get it lining up perfectly, so we can just add a 45* coupler instead of a 90* coupler to attach the CP to the TB.

I will look into sourcing a large batch of 45* 2.5" couplers so I can offer them to you guys for cheap.

thanks for the detailed update 505 - real excited about the intake mani as it will complete my build. still not totally sure how my perrin (terbow) set up will mate to the TB. The perrin CP all ready has a 90 to the TB. My assumption is that a portion will have to be cut to mate to the 45 coupler. over thinking this? regardless i'll be able figure a way to make the cp work. just trying to play it out in my mind because I have nothing better to do then think about how my set up with work.

Looks great! Looks as it will sit right in between the bars of my CP Raacig STB so looks to be no problem there. I'm with n2ka about the pipes though. I'm going to be hacking my cold pipe to pieces so getting this to fit really isn't that big of a concern...

I just want to say..you can add me to the DEFINATE list....I am down...just hurry the hell up!
LOL!

go with a 5 inch plenum.. and make it round.. better cfm.. and your runners are to short.. also inigrate velocity stacks into it..for better flow.. like this...

007.jpg

go with a 5 inch plenum.. and make it round.. better cfm..

5" plenum is way too large for this car and the power needs of most of its owners.

and your runners are to short..

The runners are as long as they can be. Any longer and the whole thing is thrown out of whack.

also inigrate velocity stacks into it...

If you think there are no velocity stacks, you obviously haven't been watching this thread for very long, and didn't even read the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back