505 Cold Air Box GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign me up for a full cab kit for msp powdercoated black with the bpv nipple please, two questions though can I pay up front for everything including shipping? And will the maf still be on the intake piping? Thank you

No on paying for shipping up front simply because I don't have the final shipping container dimensions and weight yet. The kits can be ordered for stock location MAF or relocated MAF.

whats the size of the 2.75 inlet filter?

4" x 6"?

the area i drive has bunch holes, they build up water during raining day

do you think i still need a hydra shield / heat shield for heavy rain season? safer? or its not needed.

i would like to get a CAB kit for stock MSP. and how much do you charge for shipping to Ontario with USPS?

Yes on filter dimensions. No on hydra shield.

so when can i get a sure answer on the shipping cost oO

you could calculate the shipping cost for prototype maybe?

and how long do you need to finish the production?

so when can i get a sure answer on the shipping cost oO

you could calculate the shipping cost for prototype maybe?

and how long do you need to finish the production?

I will have the final shipping costs here in a week or so. Using a box I have here that is just a little bit too big, I am getting 53 bucks to Canada for USPS, so use that as a rough guess.

Con USA is looking to be between 20 and 25 bucks.

I will have the final shipping costs here in a week or so. Using a box I have here that is just a little bit too big, I am getting 53 bucks to Canada for USPS, so use that as a rough guess.

Con USA is looking to be between 20 and 25 bucks.

Thanks for the update. Super Excited!

Ok I finally got a lid that fits perfectly so we are 100% ready to rock down at waterjet. I will be heading down there again tomorrow morning to finalize the order and get a ETA. When they are done the pieces will head straight over to the machine shop to be bent and welded. I will also order piping kit materials at that point for everyone who has paid. After they are done at the shop they will be coming back to my house for finishing touches like plexi, trim, and fasteners.

If we don't hit any snags, kits will start shipping at the end of this month.

CIMG4873.jpg

CIMG4872.jpg

CIMG4871.jpg

CIMG4870.jpg

CIMG4869.jpg

CIMG4868.jpg

Oh and just to note, the front flap on the lid is not bent in the pics, but will be on finished pieces. They are also straight off the waterjet so the marring will not be on finished pieces either.

Just got done riveting in the new fasteners, and delightfully they are a perfect fit on shank length and spring height. The new trim-lok is also really nice and hugs all the curves way better than the stuff I got for the prototype. We are now 100% done on all of the variables and I am happy enough with everything to put my stamp of approval on this for production.

With all of that said...

vasquez-lets-rock.jpg

Here are some shots with the fasteners and trim-lok fully installed:

CIMG4874.jpg

CIMG4875.jpg

CIMG4876.jpg

CIMG4877.jpg

CIMG4878.jpg

CIMG4879.jpg

Now it's just up to you guys to get payments in so I'm not stuck with 20 boxes. :)

Minor changes to the first post have been made.

All kits will include a 3" box.

Standard MSP and N/A kits will have the MAF on the inside of the box, and will use a 3"->2.75" reducer. A 2.75" filter will go on the end of the MAF. If you want a MSP kit for a relocated/deleted MAF, that is a free option.

All turbo kits have an optional 1" BPV port.

All kits will have a valve cover breather port.

All kits will have a IAT sensor port.

3" filters are available in red, yellow, and blue. 2.75" filters are available in red only.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be PM'ing everyone on the list before your materials are ordered to confirm ALL options.

1. Jaysanooch - (Custom 3" kit) *Paid*
2. Circuit - (Custom N/A kit) *Paid*
3. Kiamors - (3" Box + filter) *Paid*
4. Mazdaspeed2oo35 - (Custom 4" kit)
5. dmention7 - (MSP kit)
6. IshSonP5 - (3" Box only)
7. 31R - (3" kit w/ BPV)
8. Destineal - (3" Box only)
9. bwalt - (3" Box only)
10. RX - (still deciding)
11. Lewis7789 - (3" Box only - No A/C)
12. bonksnbongs - Still Deciding - pmed..

damn, that is nice. If I didn't have to save up to get my car tuned by JDMSam, I'd be all over this GB

Full payment sent and included $10 PITA charge for the custom no A/C cut out. Thanks! :)

4. Lewis7789 - (3" Box only - No A/C) *Paid*
5. Mazdaspeed2oo35 - (Custom 4" kit)
6. dmention7 - (MSP kit)
7. IshSonP5 - (3" Box only)
8. 31R - (3" kit w/ BPV)
9. Destineal - (3" Box only)
10. bwalt - (3" Box only)
11. RX - (still deciding)
12. bonksnbongs - Still Deciding - pmed..

4. Lewis7789 - (3" Box only - No A/C) *Paid*
5. Mazdaspeed2oo35 - (Custom 4" kit)
6. dmention7 - (MSP kit)
7. IshSonP5 - (3" Box only)
8. 31R - (3" kit w/ BPV)
9. Destineal - (3" Box only)
10. bwalt - (3" Box only)
11. RX - (still deciding)
12. bonksnbongs - (3" Box only)

Evan - you think this would go well with the turbo setup for the KL?

It's a 3" intake.....wondering.....hmmm.....guess I could get creative with the piping to run the IC supply and feed pipes somewhere else except through that hole in the framerail.

I'll be using this for my N/A KL setup for a year or two. I need to learn how to drive before boost. :)

so all the box and pipe will be 3" by default?

i am kind not knowing whatever i want the full kit or just the box... since my buddy told me he can deal with the piping =,=|||

alrite, i will be back again when u have the final shipping cost for canadian then oO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back