5 things I hate...

I'm 6'2 and I find armrest location to be just fine.

Some people so the suspension is too soft while others say it's too stiff.

(hmm)

Last edited:
I'm 6'2 and I find armrest location to be just fine.

Some people so the suspension is too soft while others say it's too stiff.

(Hmm)

Try pretending youre 55 and slide the seat up. Youll see your elbow barely hits the armrest. I like to have more of my arm on the armrest

Last edited:
I've never heard anyone complain about the center console box not having a light. How much s*** ya got in there? [emoji1][emoji23][emoji1]

On and ew: his point #3. Mist cars have one button, not 2. Recirc on
..or off. Does seem odd now that he mentions it to have 2. If that's a complaint though... Lol. Really trying hard to find them.

Illumination of USB ports is not too much to ask for. Once you've lived with it you too will wonder why others aren't doing it.

As an example BMW & Mercedes even illuminate the ash tray/coin storage compartment with a single LED.

I didn't word the Re-circulation point correctly... yes, most have one button for on/off. Mazda have one for on, and one for off. Add to that a bright orange light, even when it's off.

It's these small things that make the difference.

Last edited:
Agree with Hakuri*s list #1 ~ #4, but don*t know the #5 as we don*t get integrated front and rear parking sensors and 360 view in the US.

To #1, Mazda hasn*t been known for good interior space utilization. And most CUVs and minivans have a under-seat drawer at least under front passenger seat.

To #2, I also wish there*s a light in center console front cubby area for USB ports (on gen-1 CX-5) like I*ve seen in a Kia rental.

To #3, most vehicles use only one button for recycle air, off for outside air. Using two buttons for a single function is a waste. We also have to look down often making sure which one is which for this 2-button system.

To #4, orange indicators for HVAC buttons are indeed confusing. Button indicators not directly on the buttons themselves is not logical either. Orange indeed is normally used as a cautionary color. And these rectangular LED indicators look cheap too. These light indicators should be directly on the buttons, or integrated into LCD HVAC function graph.

(drinks)You get it... :D

Price point and market aim plays a major part in what "features" are available or not

Last edited:
My Rental Kia Forte has android auto and illuminated usb port. But it drives like a POS and on top of that has POS OEM tires. Pissed off at Avis for giving me this would have taken a base 3 model instead or even a Yaris iA.
There was a guy in the CX-9 forum saying Kia Sorento is better than CX-9. People couldnt tell quality if it hit them in the face with a piano.

1. No hooks for grocery bags in cargo area
2. Better lighting in cargo area
3. Roll down all windows on key fob
4. Minor gripe the moonroof is a little small
5. Front USB is not fast charge

1. No hooks for grocery bags in cargo area

There are hooks (loops) in the cargo area:

15ryt12.jpg

2. Better lighting in cargo area

Thank goodness I was able to select additional cargo bay lighting as an accessory. Makes a big difference.

Last edited:
There are hooks (loops) in the cargo area:

Thank goodness I was able to select additional cargo bay lighting as an accessory. Makes a big difference.

Thanks but I'm talking about hooks along the side panels where I hang the grocery bags after shopping.

I don't think there's anything for US models for cargo bay lighting. Might be a DIY project.

Here is my list of hates for the 2018 model;
1. Not enough internal storage. There is heaps of room under the front seats. What not have a pull out tray.
2. No glove box light, or even centre console light.
3. HVAC system has 2 buttons for recycling the air, most cars have one.
4. HVAC buttons and parking sensor switch is illuminated orange when on. Orange is normally used as a cautionary colour and green is on. Confusing combination.
5. Poor quality forward and reverse cameras. Though the 360 camera layout makes up for it.

I could keep going and mention the arm rest, fuel flap, elements of the MZD system, etc. but one could read into it as if its all bad. Its not. In fact its a great car, and this is coming from someone who owned BMWs and Mercedes.

My 2018 has a glovebox light - is that a regional difference?

Here is my list of hates for the 2018 model;
1. Not enough internal storage. There is heaps of room under the front seats. What not have a pull out tray.
2. No glove box light, or even centre console light.
3. HVAC system has 2 buttons for recycling the air, most cars have one.
4. HVAC buttons and parking sensor switch is illuminated orange when on. Orange is normally used as a cautionary colour and green is on. Confusing combination.
5. Poor quality forward and reverse cameras. Though the 360 camera layout makes up for it.

I could keep going and mention the arm rest, fuel flap, elements of the MZD system, etc. but one could read into it as if its all bad. Its not. In fact its a great car, and this is coming from someone who owned BMWs and Mercedes.

Yes it is. The UK also has power folding mirrors and front and rear parking sensors as standard.

What an odd thing to be region specific. Im really surprised at how much cars vary across countries. I get it where regional laws apply so lighting etc needs to be different. But surely its easier for Mazda to standardise as much as possible?

Thanks but I'm talking about hooks along the side panels where I hang the grocery bags after shopping.

I don't think there's anything for US models for cargo bay lighting. Might be a DIY project.
Nope not available anywhere

What an odd thing to be region specific. Im really surprised at how much cars vary across countries. I get it where regional laws apply so lighting etc needs to be different. But surely its easier for Mazda to standardise as much as possible?
That is my bug bear. Standard features in every market is the way to go

I agree. Regulations keep the US customers from getting the adaptive high beam system. Power folding mirrors and sensors would be welcome too.

I agree. Regulations keep the US customers from getting the adaptive high beam system. Power folding mirrors and sensors would be welcome too.

What's silly is that the parking sensors in the US are dealer installed, and look very much like a 3d party add on. The EURO PDC is integrated into the user interface/audio. My '16 CX-5 had sensors dealer installed, and some hoakie switch on the back left interior wheel arch.

Back