5 things I hate...

Yes it is. The UK also has power folding mirrors and front and rear parking sensors as standard.

American: Give me Liberty or give me death!

UK Dude: Give me folding mirrors and parking sensors or give me death!

I'll add my shares of hate...

1) Stock windshield, replacement windshield, and damn weak windshield
2) Useless Navigation (Don't know why I paid for this map since I use google map 99.9% of the time)
3) No visual number on the screen for tire PSI
4) Weaksauce windshield
5) Service maintenance/Parts replacement fees
6) Android support (until they start adding it next month)

Aside from the hated listed above, I love my CX 5 for its simplicity and stylish design. For its quiet and smooth ride. For the luxury feel of the interior. Just for everything they did with this car.

For the OP post, not of your concern for the car really bothers me.

1) to 3) Not really that big of a deal.
4) This would be nice to have but I just learned to calculate visually.
5) Who uses coin nowadays? I tap my cards 99% of the time. Even for $0.25 timbits.

Last edited:
I'll add my shares of hate...

1) Stock windshield, replacement windshield, and damn weak windshield
2) Useless Navigation (Don't know why I paid for this map since I use google map 99.9% of the time)
3) No visual number on the screen for tire PSI
4) Weaksauce windshield
5) Service maintenance/Parts replacement fees
6) Android support (until they start adding it next month)

Aside from the hated listed above, I love my CX 5 for its simplicity and stylish design. For its quiet and smooth ride. For the luxury feel of the interior. Just for everything they did with this car.

For the OP post, not of your concern for the car really bothers me.

1) to 3) Not really that big of a deal.
4) This would be nice to have but I just learned to calculate visually.
5) Who uses coin nowadays? I tap my cards 99% of the time. Even for $0.25 timbits.

You really have an issue with the windshield (1 & 4) !

I use the Nav quite a bit. It's really not that bad. Imo anyway.

I use the Nav quite a bit. It's really not that bad. Imo anyway.

I agree, the user interface is a bit clunky, but it works quite well once routed. I do like how it gives the number of lanes that are allocated for offramps and highway splits...Waze doesn't have this feature. I usually have both routed as they provide different information.

It worked really well last weekend when we had no signal on our phones. Wife was a bit confused because she's used to Nav phone apps. "How are you searching for a gas station when there's no signal?"
DOH! ... It's a good thing she's pretty. [emoji4]
/edit/ Although at one point it did take us down a pretty scary road that dead ended in someone's driveway. It's not perfect.

Last edited:
Drive seat is not long enough or gotten shorter compared to my 2016.5 CX-5. Seat feels less roomy overall compared to 2016.5. Feels like I can slide off a bit and I am only 6 ft tall.

Interesting. 6'2 here and no issues. AFAIK they only changed the cushioning I believe

It worked really well last weekend when we had no signal on our phones. Wife was a bit confused because she's used to Nav phone apps. "How are you searching for a gas station when there's no signal?"
DOH! ... It's a good thing she's pretty. [emoji4]
/edit/ Although at one point it did take us down a pretty scary road that dead ended in someone's driveway. It's not perfect.

Exactly why I complain about lack of XM/Sirius. I rarely have phone service in many areas.

Back